PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclocking made it MORE stable?! Am I crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post

Ive been really scared to attempt this mod because to be honest I dont understand what the settings mean (#steps, load min max, jump min max or intervals) or how I should tweak it and in what direction...

sigh..

With all the good reviews I have to give it a shot.

And am I right in saying that You can only overclock while your plugged into a AC outlet via, usb or battery charger. Once you remove it youll get SOD and forced to HR. So you can only keep your phone in OC mode by keeping it connected or on 604MHZ.

That seems dumb...

If this is not true such as the OP mentioned in his post how do you remove your phone from the connection with a higher OC setting without having SOD?

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 09-14-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Ive been really scared to attempt this mod because to be honest I dont understand what the settings mean (#steps, load min max, jump min max or intervals) or how I should tweak it and in what direction...

sigh..

With all the good reviews I have to give it a shot.

And am I right in saying that You can only overclock while your plugged into a AC outlet via, usb or battery charger. Once you remove it youll get SOD and forced to HR. So you can only keep your phone in OC mode by keeping it connected or on 604MHZ.

That seems dumb...
Nope, works on battery. Attached readme file to explain everything...

Check out these threads for more info:

ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ

*OVERCLOCK* Specific OCT V1.5 Settings

Overclock TP2 in WM?

OverClock for TP2 ~ 30/8/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Safest/Fastest Overclock Speed TP2

Discussion Group: Overclocking NRG ROM
Attached Files
File Type: txt readme.txt (3.0 KB, 107 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

I installed the OCT 1.5 on my stock 6.5 Sprint tp2, and the OCT_run does nothing. I can get into OCT_gui, and turn OC on/off, but that won't auto start when I reset.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
I installed the OCT 1.5 on my stock 6.5 Sprint tp2, and the OCT_run does nothing. I can get into OCT_gui, and turn OC on/off, but that won't auto start when I reset.
You need to copy OCT_run from the programs folder and paste it into the windows>startup folder. Make sure to test safe clock speed beforehand.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

fcastro is just getting started

Thanks for the link! Sometimes things get so buried in the forum its overwhelming.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: uh oh, i think i just ARRIVED

ncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good workncsportic is keeping up the good work

wow, im so glad i tried the OCT 1.5 mod today! my device is MUCH snappier & battery life is just as good if not better than without the overclock. hardest problem I had was configuring what numbers to put in. i know really nothing about the stuff so i did a search and the best i have found is: 748mhz, 2000ms interval, 4 steps, 100 load max, 0 load min, 50 jump max, 2 jump min.

i have no idea if my settings are even "correct" but my phone is working perfectly! not one SOD, zero freezes, great battery life..
Old 09-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Are you guys using this in Windows Mobile 6.5x?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Are you guys using this in Windows Mobile 6.5x?
Yep but remember every TP2 is different. My first TP2 could overclock and be stable at 806 and my new one only at 710. If you are having problems check out the threads for cabs.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

spyder2723 is a n00b

I just wanted to post that I overclocked my phone yesterday, just 730ish, and it has made the biggest difference in the way the phone works. I am running MightyROM and I was always having slow downs opening texts or emails and over all the phone was very frustrating to use. Now it is much more responsive and battery life is a little better. So if you are on the fence overclock and enjoy.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
These threads will lead to information overload.

Thats why I ignored doing this. There is simply too much information and I dont really understand all of this stuff. I just want my TP2 a little faster.

If it works when you disconnect the USB cable from the charger why do you say

Quote:

Notes on overclocking
1) AT YOUR OWN RISK
2) Only works while connected to AC power
3) The "604MHz" OC frequency is a special one. Only with this frequency set, you can remove AC power without having a lockup. So: after you overclock and want to remove your USB cable, set it to 604MHz first! You'll see it go back to the default 528MHz a second after you remove the cable. That's something the device does, not my app.
4) Overclocking while on battery gives insta-hang.
5) "Apply at boot" is disabled as under- or overclock would hang at boot.
This leads me to believe that only 604MHZ is the only setting that works otherwise you risk the chance of you having to HR!

Is this not true? If not please explain how do I get the phone to OC above 604 Disconnect the charger and keep the setting without getting SOD.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
leak, memory, overclock, sod, speed