PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the least problematic, most RAM with Sense 6.5 ROM ?

I am looking for a custom WM6.5 ROM for Sprint TP2 with minimum problems (zero sounds really good) and maximum program memory available when running Sense.

I am currently on stock ROM with Sense and Co0kie Home Tab and I am getting around 50-60MB free after reset (also load QuickMenu and PocketController but they are small). Tried SPB MS with MobileSense but it gets laggy after a while, even though there's more available memory (probably just doesn't preload stuff the way Sense does). Also not as touch-responsive, seems to have hard time sometimes figuring out if it's a tap or a slide.

So, which ROM should I try and what are known ohshits if any ?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: What is the least problematic, most RAM with Sense 6.5 ROM ?

the 6.5 rom you are looking for doesn't exist. flash a 6.1 rom
Old 09-13-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

try mightyrom. it doesn't have to be one of the eye candy ones. when I went to the site and got the rhodium rom with the latest date, I ended up with a cleaned up rom with no extras that gave a noticeable speed boost vs the stock rom. I don't know the exact ram free after boot but it shows 55% used, 45% free. that's with cht. creeps up over time but that's 6.5. I probably won't ever switch again cuz it works well with minimal problems.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

mediumhill just ran pretty good for me for the last 2 weeks or so..

i just moved to the MaxSense ROM last night(the one that boasts 95mb free RAM)... lemme say, theres def NOT 95mb of free RAM... i havent installed one thing but a file explorer extender and after letting it run all night with no prgrams running, i woke up with 17% available.. theres gotta be a mem leak here.. im looking into it tho.. i always give a new rom a few days b4 deciding its not for me..

NRG- ive always liked NRG, but Battery Life is usually an issue on NRG Roms.. still NRG is usually my defalt Rom while im looking for something else.. Memory in some NRG Roms can be an issue too

theres a lil feedback on a few current roms for ya
Old 09-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Squeaky clean is still on my tp2. I love it and there is no lag even when loaded up with apps.

If you are really brave go over to the Android tp2 forum and use one of the barebones roms. They have about 130mb free at all times but is super ultra stripped down

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I almost forgot about jd's Rom. It is a close second.
I hate how all the descriptions state speed and usability. I flashed most of the roms (up until I got my evo at least). As far as mainstream roms, nrg did me well despite the lag. If only that was eliminated that would be my all time fave

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 09-13-2010, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work

Pertaining to your main inquiry which is a "No" issue ROM. I would say Mighty is absolutly best for stability and "clean" use. Its very fast and is for the most part barebones. (You WILL notice a difference if moving from stock ROM)

For sure "SPEED" |||Bored|||'s Inferno NoBling ROM is in my opinion the fastest cleanest ROM ive seen running new sense 2018. However when I used it I did experience some small bugs (SoD but was fixed with his latest, Calls not answering due to lock screen, Resets (rare))

For a ROM thats stable but has most things people want preinstalled NRG's ROMS are top notch. (currently using) Its stable even with all the eye candy and is I would say as stable as Mighty. Only issues with it is that it can be considered "bloated" due to all the things cooked directly into the ROM and also after some time (due to all the eye candy I believe) Memory and speed seem to slip faster then other ROMS (battery for me has been the same on all devices)

Just my 2 cents and I havent tried many others yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2