PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: winmo
Carrier: sprint

jacobfogg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best rom for business use

Hey Guys, sorry if I should not be posting a new post here. I am new to windows devices... I am trying to help my brother out. He has a Touch Pro2 and has convinced his boss to allow me to hack it for the sake of speed and stability. I am looking at the mirage of ROM's here... just as many here as there are in the Android Dev side of things!!!

So my question is, what is going to be the best rom to start with? I am not looking for fancy features... I AM looking to speed up the device!

So my question is... what is the best ROM for the sake of Speed and Stability???

I need this device to run as fast and lean as it can... without overheating... I am not so worried about battery life as he, and the rest of his guys, have and use car chargers most of the day.

I tried XYC Clean, which seemed good, but it crashed after two days (would't get past the initial boot screen)... trying "Sprint Lovers" next... any opnions would be a great help!

Thanks for your help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Sprint

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt
Re: Best rom for business use

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobfogg View Post
Hey Guys, sorry if I should not be posting a new post here. I am new to windows devices... I am trying to help my brother out. He has a Touch Pro2 and has convinced his boss to allow me to hack it for the sake of speed and stability. I am looking at the mirage of ROM's here... just as many here as there are in the Android Dev side of things!!!

So my question is, what is going to be the best rom to start with? I am not looking for fancy features... I AM looking to speed up the device!

So my question is... what is the best ROM for the sake of Speed and Stability???

I need this device to run as fast and lean as it can... without overheating... I am not so worried about battery life as he, and the rest of his guys, have and use car chargers most of the day.

I tried XYC Clean, which seemed good, but it crashed after two days (would't get past the initial boot screen)... trying "Sprint Lovers" next... any opnions would be a great help!

Thanks for your help!
I have found that using a 21xxx build (start menu on top left) With NO CoOkie mod, seems to be the most stable on my device.

I have tried almost every rom on here, and I liked them all. But i keep going back to the one in my signature. It's been quite stable, no "Sleep of Death" so far and only one freeze up, but i think i associated that with a Dusk Theme i was using...

Your results may vary

Hint: I always use the tool tast29 to "format" the phones memory before flashing a new rom. So a search for it. I actually posted a zip file in the Thread in my sig, toawards the last pages

Old 09-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jacobfogg is a n00b

I'll give VINdows a shot tonight!

Will I be better off using a winmo 6.5 VS a winmo 6.1 based rom? Again, I don't care about bell's and whistles...I just need it to run FAST and stable! =)

Thanks again!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff

Quote:
I'll give VINdows a shot tonight!

Will I be better off using a winmo 6.5 VS a winmo 6.1 based rom? Again, I don't care about bell's and whistles...I just need it to run FAST and stable! =)

Thanks again!
My phone came with 6.5 on it from sprint, so i have never tried 6.1 If the start menu is up top, it's 6.5 (or older 6.1) If the start menu is on the bottom, that is 6.5.X , which is more touch friendly, but for me and my device, its not as stable.

Vin's roms are a good ballance between stability and features, in my opinion. His 6.5 rom's are "Neodium" (spelling?) And the 6.5.X rom's are Pluto.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh, just to add. The version i am using (Aug 25) has a older version of HTC Sense (2013) than the Sept 4th (2018 ). I did find some weirdness with Sense 2018, and flashed back to the older Aug 25. (However, it could have been some app's i was using)

He does not have that one posted anymore, But it probably is still floating around on a server somewhere, PM him to see if he has it still, Or i can send it to you if u PM me

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-10-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You want speed and truly don't care about bells and whistles? Get a WM6.1 build w/o Sense

6.1 > 6.5
WM Base > SPB Shell > Sense 2.1 > Sense 2.5
Old 09-10-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh, make sure your device is unlocked too
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

All The Stickies in the CDMA TP2 Upgrade section of the forum will teach you everything you need to know if you run into issues.

Yeah SPB Shell on a rom with No Sense is pretty quick. I tried out the demo for a while... I thought i loved it, but Sense won my heart over even tho it's a bit tempermental at times.....

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-10-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jacobfogg is a n00b

Excellent... any rom suggestions on the "WM6.1 build w/o Sense" front?... or the "SPB Shell w/o sense"?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Excellent... any rom suggestions on the "WM6.1 build w/o Sense" front?... or the "SPB Shell w/o sense"?

SPB Mobile Shell is a User Interface, like Sense, but SPB is about $30.00. You can get it through Microsoft Marketplace, or SPB's website (i don't know the url, sorry)

When i tried it, I used a Titanium ROM (with no Sense and I think it was from Mr.X) But there are other Titanium roms floating about... you don't need a titanium rom to run SPB, but it makes sense to not have Sense installed if you are using SPB.. That senTense just confused the hell outta me.........lol

There is a ROM i saw somewhere (prolly on page 3 or 4) That is 6.1 and it's set up for sprint. It could be an older "Sprint Lovers", I'm not sure..

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-10-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2

mrprism133 is a n00b

in my opinion, stay stock.
i tried every rom out since the ppc-6800 days
and aside from all the sprint junk taken out, and the eye candy
ever rom is just as stable, and have just as many glitches.
my advice is to stay stock, and just find the cabs you want.
the chefs do a wonderful job, but imagine freezing midway through a microsoft office project...

exactly! it'll happen either way stock or custom.. but heres the thing.. when your phone breaks, you have to reflash then relock, then reflash. otherwise bye bye insurance...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2