PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Black glossy transparent taskbar? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133235)

masetas 09-07-2010 12:16 PM

Black glossy transparent taskbar?

Im looking for a black glossy transparent taskbar preferably with custom icons. Anyone have one or know of one please let me know. Oh and if you can post a screen shot that would be great . TIA

InvincibleLiving 09-07-2010 01:25 PM

Re: Black glossy transparent taskbar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 1937356)
Im looking for a black glossy transparent taskbar preferably with custom icons. Anyone have one or know of one please let me know. Oh and if you can post a screen shot that would be great . TIA

I used to have one, let me see if I can dig it up...

darren.wlsn1 09-07-2010 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 1937356)

use this cab then pick your favorite taskbar, not sure what your tastes are on that but theres tons.

InvincibleLiving 09-07-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1937450)
use this cab then pick your favorite taskbar, not sure what your tastes are on that but theres tons.

Thx D-willy... soooo you think we'll hit 20k posts today? lol

AZTECHKA 09-07-2010 02:10 PM

Do you know if this'll work with the stock ROM on Sprint?
p.

masetas 09-07-2010 02:47 PM

how do i install them to test them out. I transfered the cab to the sd card opened up file explorer and installed the cab did a soft reset boot up and nothing there. So then i went into settings home and nothing there. What im i doing wrong

DarkLight 09-07-2010 03:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 1937530)
how do i install them to test them out. I transfered the cab to the sd card opened up file explorer and installed the cab did a soft reset boot up and nothing there. So then i went into settings home and nothing there. What im i doing wrong

Once installed you will need to choose the theme. I popped open the cab and it doesn't include any .dlls so I don't think it's going to replace the taskbar icons at the top of your screen like you are wanting/expecting. What it does do is replace a number of PNGs which are backgrounds and buttons. Not entirely sure which ones they are as I haven't installed it.

Anyway, swap out your theme and you should see a difference.

As for a different taskbar, I don't know how "glossy" it will look for you, but I have a modified BilboBrian (modified in that everything is in a single cab file and you don't need to read through 46 pages to figure out what the frak you need to install to get it all to work) taskbar. I'm attaching it here.

*EDIT*
Ok, I installed the cab from Darren and I FREAKIN LOVE IT! It REALLY compliments the icons (in my opinion) for the taskbar. This is basically one of the final things I was looking for to finalize the UI for the main screen...that looks AWESOME. I may tweak the top graphic to get rid of the bottom white line (blend better) but other than that it looks great!

InvincibleLiving 09-07-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLight (Post 1937570)
Once installed you will need to choose the theme. I popped open the cab and it doesn't include any .dlls so I don't think it's going to replace the taskbar icons at the top of your screen like you are wanting/expecting. What it does do is replace a number of PNGs which are backgrounds and buttons. Not entirely sure which ones they are as I haven't installed it.

Anyway, swap out your theme and you should see a difference.

As for a different taskbar, I don't know how "glossy" it will look for you, but I have a modified BilboBrian (modified in that everything is in a single cab file and you don't need to read through 46 pages to figure out what the frak you need to install to get it all to work) taskbar. I'm attaching it here.

*EDIT*
Ok, I installed the cab from Darren and I FREAKIN LOVE IT! It REALLY compliments the icons (in my opinion) for the taskbar. This is basically one of the final things I was looking for to finalize the UI for the main screen...that looks AWESOME. I may tweak the top graphic to get rid of the bottom white line (blend better) but other than that it looks great!

+1 for bilbobrian taskbar Icons I've been using them for months and am hardpressed to find anything better.

darren.wlsn1 09-07-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving (Post 1937461)
Thx D-willy... soooo you think we'll hit 20k posts today? lol

na, im not here much anymore bro.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECA (Post 1937494)
Do you know if this'll work with the stock ROM on Sprint?
p.

yes it will.
Quote:

Originally Posted by masetas (Post 1937530)

start/settings/today, should be there.

masetas 09-07-2010 09:46 PM

did that and nothing there