PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mamajuma is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Airplane Mode changes to "ON" during calls

I am having a problem with my phone randomly switching to airplane mode while I am on a call and thereby dropping the call completely. Here is a little background..

.A few weeks ago I broke down and took my Touch Pro 2 to the Sprint store due to freezing issues. The Tech told me that loading 6.5 on my phone would take care of the issues, so I gave him the go ahead. The same night after the 6.5 load, my phone was way worse, and after researching a bit on this forum, I realized that I had been cursed with the "sleep of death." Went back to the same tech the next day and he couldn't believe my phone wasn't acting better, so he said he would order me a new phone. A week later, I went back and switched my phone for the refurb that was sent to the store for me. It has not had any sleep of death or freezing problems, but while I am on calls, it has mysteriously switched itself to "airplane mode On." I am not sure how it does this since the phone is to my ear when this occurs. Can anyone help me figure out what is causing this, and how to fix it?

Last edited by mamajuma; 07-14-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Airplane Mode changes to on during calls

What software have you loaded?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mamajuma is a n00b
Re: Airplane Mode changes to "ON" during calls

Well, I haven't done much. I have a stock ROM, with a couple of edits to get tethering to work, and also have Midomi (find song name program) and PHM RegEdit in case I have to edit anything.

I'm thinking that while I am on the phone, the display is randomly coming on, and I am contacting something on the touch screen perfectly every time? I wonder if there is a program to keep the display from coming on every few minutes. I don't remember the phone doing this prior to the WM6.5 upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
What software have you loaded?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Not sure what to tell ya than, does not sound like you have installed anything that should be conflicting with it, have you tried testing the Proximity sensor and see if its working correctly?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:08 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

on the newer stock rom, pressing and holding the end key kills the phone and data and puts it in airplane mode. you doont have an enormous chin or anything that may be inadvertantly pressing the button? also, have you given it a hard reset since bringing it home from the hospital?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mamajuma is a n00b

Hmmm, I'm not sure what the prox sensor is, or how to test it...but I am going to research it right now. Thanks for the tip. Any bit of information that might help is really appreciated!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mamajuma is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
on the newer stock rom, pressing and holding the end key kills the phone and data and puts it in airplane mode. you doont have an enormous chin or anything that may be inadvertantly pressing the button? also, have you given it a hard reset since bringing it home from the hospital?
Gargantuan forehead: Yes
Enormous chin: No

I am pretty good at not touching any of the lower portion of the phone to my face. But the comm manager button is up in the top menu bar, and if I hit that just right, and then the airplane mode spot just right, this may do it. But that's an awful lot of precision to get just right for 4 or 5 phone calls a day...
Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

if your not too deep into it or know how to back up your conta cts, id recomend a hard reset atleast once. i always do it with a new phone before i get in to it, just so i know i have a fresh canvas.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jj14x is just getting started

WOW! I have noticed the same thing on my TP2 (Stock 6.5 Sprint ROM) in the past few weeks - I couldn't think of a reason for this happening -I checked the proximity sensor (whe the call is in progress, covering the sensor with my finger seems to turn the screen off).
Not too much installed - bing/google maps,shazam and santod's cab for 4x4 quicklinks. I had hard-reset a couple of times after I had upgraded to the Sprint 6.5 ROM
If anyone finds what is causing this, please let us know...
Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff
Re: Airplane Mode changes to "ON" during calls

I had the same thing start happening to my TP2 a couple of weeks ago. I thought that the end key was getting stuck or something because the quick menu kept popping up on its own. Then it started cycling the airplane mode off and off. I took it to the Sprint store and let them see it turning on by itself and they gave me a new TP2.

Edit: Also, this started happening a week or so after I dropped the phone, so I suppose it is possible that I knocked something loose. Phone seemed fine immediately after the drop, but who knows?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2