PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Height of taskbar? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133190)

meachi04 09-06-2010 01:52 PM

Height of taskbar?

Hey everyone! I have a question about resizing the taskbar (top bar). The last I heard you can't but on some custom roms I see the taskbar is slimmer than normal. How can I re-size or shrink my taskbar, Or just make it a little slimmer. If this is possible...

boredandtattooed 09-06-2010 05:51 PM

Re: Height of taskbar?

got a link to the taskbars your talking about??

Ive seen them skinned(via CHT1.8.5. or mod), and without any borders around the icons.. thus giving the illusion of a slimmer taskbar..

but i dont think ive ever heard of a mod to change the height

krnfrk6663 09-06-2010 08:09 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/...d1492e266g.jpg

This what you mean?

meachi04 09-06-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 (Post 1936825)

Yes! This is what I mean... I was looking for the rom I used before with a taskbar similar to this, so I could have posted the pic or a link. But yes this is exactly the kind I'm looking for! Is there a cab for this taskbar?

meachi04 09-06-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1936724)
got a link to the taskbars your talking about??

Ive seen them skinned(via CHT1.8.5. or mod), and without any borders around the icons.. thus giving the illusion of a slimmer taskbar..

but i dont think ive ever heard of a mod to change the height

Oh, I didn't know that is what gives that illusion. But for sure the pic posted is what I'm looking for!!

creedo 09-06-2010 10:02 PM

I can prolly whip up a cab, you'll have to decide how you want it to look as far as color etc. if you know photoshop you might try it yourself, it's pretty easy.

dapbmonkey4u 09-06-2010 10:46 PM

If you want the one is the Screen Shot you are going to need to run a 6.5x rom that comes with the finger friendly soft keys and narrower taskbar. That Screen is from a Timberwolf rom. He has a sweet Purple Haze Jimmy Hendrix styled rom.

If creedo makes you a cab you will still need to be running 6.5x to have it applied to the theme for you.

meachi04 09-07-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedo (Post 1936908)
I can prolly whip up a cab, you'll have to decide how you want it to look as far as color etc. if you know photoshop you might try it yourself, it's pretty easy.

Ok thank you! I will check out the software and see what I can come up with. If you do get a chance to make the taskbar, Black would be great! I am not picky at all about the icons, just a simple black taskbar is fine. Thank you again for all of the info!

meachi04 09-07-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u (Post 1936947)
If you want the one is the Screen Shot you are going to need to run a 6.5x rom that comes with the finger friendly soft keys and narrower taskbar. That Screen is from a Timberwolf rom. He has a sweet Purple Haze Jimmy Hendrix styled rom.

If creedo makes you a cab you will still need to be running 6.5x to have it applied to the theme for you.

Ok thank you also for the info... I'm running Energy's Rom, I will look at the details, and switch if I have to. I put Mobile Shell on my phone and want a more narrow taskbar! Well thank you again!!

dapbmonkey4u 09-07-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meachi04 (Post 1937097)
Ok thank you also for the info... I'm running Energy's Rom, I will look at the details, and switch if I have to. I put Mobile Shell on my phone and want a more narrow taskbar! Well thank you again!!

Well NRG has a nice 6.5x rom