PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to get Full Website view in Opera? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133177)

Q_Q 09-06-2010 10:58 AM

How to get Full Website view in Opera?

Trying to access Facebook full site on Opera.
I have mobile view turned off in Opera's option.
Tried retyping the URL to no avail.

Any way to workaround since Opera forces me to go to the mobile site(s) on Facebook or other?

boredandtattooed 09-06-2010 11:10 AM

Re: How to get Full Website view in Opera?

and here comes the war over browsers LOL kind of kidding..

i dont FaceBook so i cant tell ya.. but if your into FB apps try this one http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...id=35590940472

Q_Q 09-06-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1936476)
and here comes the war over browsers LOL kind of kidding..

i dont FaceBook so i cant tell ya.. but if your into FB apps try this one http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...id=35590940472

Yeah, it's not only facebook but ESPN, vegas.com, etc.

Dr.8820 09-06-2010 11:52 AM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

try opera 10 or skyfire.

eric12341 09-06-2010 01:03 PM

there is a tweak on this site and on the myopera site that you can put into the user-agent string that will force it to display full sites. or if you use internet explorer theres an option in the tools menu that easily switches between mobile and desktop. it works really well, 9 out of every 10 websites i visit return me the desktop version with this option set.

puff601 09-06-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1936536)
there is a tweak on this site and on the myopera site that you can put into the user-agent string that will force it to display full sites. or if you use internet explorer theres an option in the tools menu that easily switches between mobile and desktop. it works really well, 9 out of every 10 websites i visit return me the desktop version with this option set.

yep, i did a little writeup on this a while ago... the problem is that your opera user-agent tells these websites that you are using a mobile browser so it automatically redirects you to their mobile version of the site instead of the desktop version. i also noticed that having the browser set as a mobile browser messes up the reply box here on ppcgeeks and a few other sites. the reply box becomes grayed out, unable to enter text. like the reply box never fully loaded. basically what you need to do to solve all of this is change your user agent. follow these steps to change it:

1) type opera:config in opera's address bar
2) scroll down to user prefs
3) scroll down to custom user agent
4) delete "(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0)"
or you can change it to desktop user agent, but ive found deleting it is alot easier with the same results
5) scroll down to save
6) restart opera
7) enjoy!

i hope that helps man, that used to drive me nuts before i figured out what was causing it.

eric12341 09-06-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1936547)
yep, i did a little writeup on this a while ago... the problem is that your opera user-agent tells these websites that you are using a mobile browser so it automatically redirects you to their mobile version of the site instead of the desktop version. i also noticed that having the browser set as a mobile browser messes up the reply box here on ppcgeeks and a few other sites. the reply box becomes grayed out, unable to enter text. like the reply box never fully loaded. basically what you need to do to solve all of this is change your user agent. follow these steps to change it:

1) type opera:config in opera's address bar
2) scroll down to user prefs
3) scroll down to custom user agent
4) delete "(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0)"
or you can change it to desktop user agent, but ive found deleting it is alot easier with the same results
5) scroll down to save
6) restart opera
7) enjoy!

i hope that helps man, that used to drive me nuts before i figured out what was causing it.

even with that deleted I still had gotten redirected to mobile sites,using IE seems to be a hassle free option for displaying desktop sites and loading speeds are similar to opera without turbo. and that's another issue if you have turbo enabled you will always get mobile redirects.

puff601 09-06-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1936612)
even with that deleted I still had gotten redirected to mobile sites,using IE seems to be a hassle free option for displaying desktop sites and loading speeds are similar to opera without turbo. and that's another issue if you have turbo enabled you will always get mobile redirects.

it works well for me on 9.5, 9.7, now 10... i never use IE, its always been slow for me... if opera cant handle the job, i use uzard.

creedo 09-06-2010 05:26 PM

don't be shocked if you never get full facebook to stay on opera. some sites it seems like detect opera mobile no matter what's in the user agent string. never did figure out how. skyfire is the most reliable for me to see full version pages. even does the little live chat bar at the bottom of facebook. can't use it for long without issues but it's nice for visiting fb

eric12341 09-06-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedo (Post 1936704)
don't be shocked if you never get full facebook to stay on opera. some sites it seems like detect opera mobile no matter what's in the user agent string. never did figure out how. skyfire is the most reliable for me to see full version pages. even does the little live chat bar at the bottom of facebook. can't use it for long without issues but it's nice for visiting fb

for me its IE, I still got redirected in Skyfire (but not as often as opera) IE also doesn't use as much ram as Skyfire, iris or opera 10.