PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: metro

zeroklk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tp2 not working with metro after hard reset

I have a tp2 that was flashed to metropcs it has worked great but recently an angry gf hard reset my phone. I thought all i had to do to make it work from there was make some changes to the epst but it still doesn't seem to work when i dial out it gives me an automated message about how to place a collect call. my questions are am i missing a step to get it working again? is there anywhere with the proper epst settings in case the ones i am using are incorrect? or do i have to reflash the phone at metro? i would greatly aprreciate any help or advice thank you.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: tp2 not working with metro after hard reset

well even if it deleted your settings, your voice and txt should be working.. only things that get changed in epst are for MMS and DATA...

did your bill happen to be due and not paid at the same time? because no matter what your voice should still work... nothing you can do to that device can just magically take it off Metro completely... if your getting the error when dialing out, theres something else wrong..

**and this is why you dont teach a gf how to use your overly complicated device... she either has one, or you showed her, otherwise she never wouldve figured out how to hard reset** oh wait, i guess there is the clear storage button
Old 09-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroklk View Post
I have a tp2 that was flashed to metropcs it has worked great but recently an angry gf hard reset my phone. I thought all i had to do to make it work from there was make some changes to the epst but it still doesn't seem to work when i dial out it gives me an automated message about how to place a collect call. my questions are am i missing a step to get it working again? is there anywhere with the proper epst settings in case the ones i am using are incorrect? or do i have to reflash the phone at metro? i would greatly aprreciate any help or advice thank you.
You just need to put a Metro Prl in the phone. Do you have a prl for Metro?
When you hard reset a phone, it is returned to the org Rom state. Since there are no Metro Roms, you use somebody elses and just put the metro info in after flash. All that has been wiped out. You should not have to reflash it but here is a tut and links to prls good luck.

Flash Sprint Touch Pro 2 to Metro PCS, talk, text, web,mms

Metro PCS from www.corolada.com/prl
Roaming
Non-EvDO Phones:
00019 (Unknown)
00020 (Unknown)
00021 (Unknown)
00022 (Unknown)
00023 (Unknown)
00024 (Unknown)
01001 (Unknown)
EvDO Phones:
00064 (Unknown)
00065 (Unknown)
00066 (Unknown)
00067 (Unknown)
00068 (Unknown)
00069 (Unknown)
02001 (Unknown)

Last edited by hthomas; 09-05-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: metro
Threadstarter

zeroklk is a n00b

thanks for the help. ya she used the clear storage function. anyways i already changed the prl still a no go. I am getting a message when i dial 611 saying metro is experiencing random service issues in your area so now i think that maybe the cause. if anyone else has any other ideas what could be the cause i'd be interested.

i tried to talk to a rep but the phone just goes in a continues loop never letting me talk to anyone.

the automated message about the collect call is from american roaming network is my phone roaming?

Last edited by zeroklk; 09-05-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touchpro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Ray-O is a n00b

ell i was wondering the same thing except wanna wipeout the metro settings and prog the phone to boost any ideas? i have a tp2 as well

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
epst, metro pcs, metropcs, touch pro 2, tp2