PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   orb,mytinytv on touch pro 2 help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133072)

outlawsRED 09-04-2010 02:08 PM

orb,mytinytv on touch pro 2 help

i have been struggling to find a solution to use my PC with a tv tuner card to watch my cable tv on my touch pro 2. i have tryed for months to get orb to work (and it did along time ago) but now it wont work with my tv tuner card. i have been searching forever trying to find a similar app and have only found my tiny tv.
it looks like it will work great but im having an issue and it seems that their tech support isnt around anymore,their forums are unattended for years,no one answers emails ect ect.

so,in my desperate attempt to get tv on my TP2 i have no one to turn but maybe the community here at ppcgeeks. maybe one of you can help.

is there any other software that allows to to work your tv tuner card remotely on windows mobile like orb or mytinytv. my tv tuner card does work thru media center and i have tested it.

my equipment:
PC: AMD Phenom 9950 BE X4 @ 2.6 ghz
6 gigs DDR2 ram
nvidia 9800 gtx+ gpu
diamond multimedia tv wonder HD 600 pci tv tuner card
linksys wrt610n router
8mbps down 2mbps up cable net,Ethernet @ 1gbps connectivity to router

PHONE: US Cellular ( USCC ) touch pro 2
newest energy rom + newest project android on sd card

thank you for any advice or help!

Boominsvx 09-05-2010 12:11 AM

Re: orb,mytinytv on touch pro 2 help

Are you sure the tuner card is the problem with orb? I had a heck of a time finding a decoder that orb would detect with my anciant tuner card (pinnicle pctv i100), and it wasn't until I used the nVidia pure video decoder that it started working. I use my Infrared blaster on my cable box, and my tv tuner card in my media center edition xp machine to stream tv to my phone. This is very strenous on the compmuter as it's decoding and shipping at the same time, so make sure you have a system that can handle it, or the jolting video quality will only aggrivate. Also, you'll need to leave the computer and cable box on. Kinoma Play uses orb, but if you can use it as of now, I doubt that would help you. I love driving around with my tp2 mounted on the dash playing music videos through my truck's system. Kind of a liberation i guess.

outlawsRED 09-05-2010 04:02 PM

Re: orb,mytinytv on touch pro 2 help

my tuner card works great in windows media center (windows 7 ultimate x64) but since orb did some updates or maybe win 7 did some updates i cant get orb to use my card,it sees that it is there but when i try and use the setup wizard to scan for channels i get an error like "the tv tuner card is being used by another application",which is bull,ive gone thru all of windows services to see where if its being used as well as task killing almost everything barley able to keep the OS stable enough to run just to see and nothing.

orbs tech support has offered nothing more than "you tuner card may not be compatible" which is bull, cause it used to work across win xp MCE,vista x86 and x64 as well as win7 x32 and x64.

if i use mytinytv it sets up real nice, sees the card,even sees the channels and scans and previews for them unlike orb,pft. however when i got to run the tv server,windows pops up with a "server busy" window that says switch to task,retry or ignore. if i go into settings on the tv sever and exclude set up my router automatically,the message "server busy" never pops back up. i have port forwarded my router for the 2 ports that it configures to also and they check out with a port checker tool. in either condition i have mentioned above however, when i use my TP2 to connect, it see the server,and in the logs on my pc i can see it connects and can change channels and stuff, but when i try to stream on my phone, windows media player on my phone hangs for 10 seconds then says "error, server is either busy or disconnected,please try again"

so im getting nowhere quick,i dont have alot of money to play with and the free things worked out good for me. im hoping there is some way i can stream my cable tv on my phone again with out costing money. i almost dread going out to pick up a new tuner card just to get it orb to work again,this is becoming an expensive addiction to have tv!

thx for any help again!