PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is this the right battery

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS BATTERY WILL WORK WITH MY SPRINT TOUCH PRO 2. THANKS
Standard Lithium-ion Replacement Battery for HTC Touch Pro (GSM only), ATT Fuze, HTC Touch Diamond Cell Phone
Old 09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Is this the right battery

No, it says for Touch Pro, not the 2, and for GSM only. And no need to shout.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

No, you'll need a battery that actually made for the Sprint Touch Pro 2. Well, that's if you're still on Sprint?

Check out this link below for more information on the OEM Sprint TP2 Battery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-ORIGINAL-HTC...item27b4384fb0

Best to all,
R
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

By the way, if you're looking for a spare, I hear these are excellent. Very cheap and free shipping too?! And a little more juice than the battery that comes with your TP2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000mah-Spare-Ba...ht_2704wt_1137
Old 09-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

^^^^Just got mine today. It's in the phone and charging right now. Couldn't find it on eBay, so bought directly from the OboStore website. Same great deal and I got a really nice car holder, too. I'll report back on if the battery gives me more running time or not.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Riddle me this....

What is the actuall difference between a GSM and CDMA touch pro 2 battery ? Is there any reason why it would not work in anyway ?

It's like my titan, I have verizon, I went on line, found a "sprint" labeled OEM battery, claimed for Sprint only but, it was cheap, so I grabbed it...guess what ? It worked 100% fine...every feature worked as expected...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

In terms of the TP2 and Tilt 2 batteries, I think it doesn't matter. This is how the one I bought was listed: "1 x 2000mah Andida Battery for HTC Touch Pro 2 T7373 Evo 4G (HTC Pro II, Sprint Touch Pro II, Hero, Evo 4G, Pro2) = $8.99

Fits and works fine in my Tilt 2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Riddle me this....

What is the actuall difference between a GSM and CDMA touch pro 2 battery ? Is there any reason why it would not work in anyway ?

It's like my titan, I have verizon, I went on line, found a "sprint" labeled OEM battery, claimed for Sprint only but, it was cheap, so I grabbed it...guess what ? It worked 100% fine...every feature worked as expected...
Yep, looks like the Nexus One, Incredible, EVO 4G, Hero, Desire and Touch Pro2/Tilt 2 all take the same size and mAh.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but BatteryBoss tested OEM as well as a number of third party batteries for the TP2, N1, EVO, etc.. He found the OEM batteries to be the best and the closest to the listed mAh rating of all the standard size batteries. The Andida did not make it past 1198mAh, the TP2 OEM tested at 1414mAh, and the EVO OEM hit a high of 1443mAh.

Here's a link to his findings: http://batteryboss.org/

On that note, I'm sure OEM batteries can be found for less than the one in the link I posted earlier in this thread. You just need to try and make sure the ones with prices too good to be true are not fakes.

Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 09-04-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

That's what I thought..... Why do they list them as GSM only ?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
That's what I thought..... Why do they list them as GSM only ?
I guess some sellers may not know all the compatible phone models for a specific battery. Also, I think the OP just copy and pasted a listing for GSM TP1 and GSM Diamond battery, and asked if it would work in his TP2. The answer was and still is "no", as the older GSM TP1 batteries are definitely not the same as the CDMA versions of the TP1 or Diamond, let alone the TP2.

Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 09-04-2010 at 06:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2