PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Harry408 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked phone? I have MightyRom on my phone and it wont load past the TP2 screen

Everything was working fine and I had MightyRom on my phone for over 1 year with no issues. Then last night I did a soft reset, and now it wont load past the Touch Pro 2 black screen. It just keeps resetting itself. I tried to do a hard reset, but it has the same results.

I tried flashing another rom on it, but every time I plug in my cord to the phone, the light wont come on so there's no connection. Plus, I dont think Active Sync is working.

Can someone help?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Bricked phone? I have MightyRom on my phone and it wont load past the TP2 screen

Can you get into the bootloader? You can flash from microSD as well.

Edit: Read this thread for how to do that - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375

Last edited by banzaiwolfe; 09-04-2010 at 12:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Enter bootloader and flash shipped rom and reset.
Then flash back to Mighty.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Bricked phone? I have MightyRom on my phone and it wont load past the TP2 screen

thanks banzaiwolfe, I'm reading up on it right now.

Horndoctor, my laptop isnt recognizing my phone so I cant flash roms using my PC.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Can you get the phone into bootloader? If you can, it should say serial in the bottom of the screen, then connect to the usb cord and it should change to USB, you shoudl then be able to flash a rom from your pc. Flashing from sd is also very easy, just extract the nbh file from the ROM of your choice, put it in the root of the sd card, get it into bootloader and flash away. There's also an app that was created my Wideawake that will basically do it for you as long as the nbh is on the root of the sd card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

So I flashed the stock Sprint 6.5 rom using the SD card method, but I still have the same problem as before. Now, it's just stuck on the first white HTC splash page... but those numbers on the bottom wont show up. It just keeps resetting itself from there. Any thoughts?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Go into bootloader, flash Task29. Then go back into bootloader, flash stock Sprint ROM. If that doesn't work, something's probably fried somewhere. You sure all you did was soft reset? Seems strange that it would hang like this out of the blue.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:46 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I was using my phone and then it was acting sluggish so I powered it off. After a couple of minutes, I powered it back on and that's when the constant restart happened.

All I had installed on the phone was MightyRom, Cookie Home Tab, Sprint TV, Opera Mini 5, S2U2, and S2P. And I didnt do any registry edits or tinker with anything else. I really dont know what might have caused it.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mrstak is becoming a great contributor

I'm having the same issues now. Phone was fine then this morning on the train I felt it vibrating all the time so I checked it and it kept restarting. Would just show the TP2 screen then restart. Once in a while it'll get to the white screen but it would just hang there. I was using an April Energy ROM and it was fine before today. I took out the battery, plugged it in at work and it worked for the day and now it just started doing that again. I'm stumped.

Energy.RHODCDMA.21680.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2 .0.Sep.29
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstak
I'm having the same issues now. Phone was fine then this morning on the train I felt it vibrating all the time so I checked it and it kept restarting. Would just show the TP2 screen then restart. Once in a while it'll get to the white screen but it would just hang there. I was using an April Energy ROM and it was fine before today. I took out the battery, plugged it in at work and it worked for the day and now it just started doing that again. I'm stumped.
Have you tried flashing the shipped rom from bootloader?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2