PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Speed up CHT

hey anyone have suggestions on how to speed up cookie home tab. i know it was really made for touch pro 2 but there's gotta be some way to completely disable the home layouts.. so if you found a way to speed up cookie home tab1.8.5 please tell me.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Speed up CHT

install the editor. then you can shut off whatever you want. makes a big difference in speed.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started

I like cht but its sluggish and not as smooth on the tp2.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I had the same problem so I went on a quest to find a way to make it work, because I found it damned useful to have 16 quick links. And I just wanted a faster phone in general.

There were two major things that feel slow when running it... scrolling between the quicklinks page and the clock page... and pressing the menu button.

The first is fixed totally. I now have it running quite smoothly on my TP, 16 quicklinks with transparent icons, transparent clock too.

The #1 thing that helped me the most was to ditch the stock rom in favor of a faster, lighter one. In this case I'm using mightyrom. I also installed mr.X in the past, which has a reputation for being a good light rom, but I had some issues with it and went for mightyrom instead.

The next thing I did (maybe mightyrom already had this feature) is install atomang's custom direct3d drivers for the phone. At this point it's already running smoothly, but I have also overclocked it a little (I think everyone who owns a TP2 should at least TRY overclocking to a safe 604-633 speed, which would be like 15%-20% speed boost for free).

Lastly I hide the slider and the quicklink backgrounds. I don't know for sure if this improves performance but I feel like it might have helped.

The menu still scrolls up a little jerkily. And to be blunt I suspect this is just a coding thing. Maybe the author is trying to animate it in too many steps. I've seen other popup menus on this phone that are very quick and responsive. I don't know programming but I figured out how to modify the layout and size of the quicklinks with the source code provided by the author. I think the Co0kieListControl.lua file controls the scrolling. Sometime I might try playing with it to see if I can make it scroll more smoothly (or just eliminate the scrolling would be fine).
Old 09-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
install the editor. then you can shut off whatever you want. makes a big difference in speed.
CHT 1.8.5 is somewhat of a memory hog and a dog on the TP2. Nonetheless, like razorloves mentioned, if you use CHT Editor to limit the amount of quick links, items, and pages, the overall CHT - Sense performance will improve for sure. Plus, if you limit the CHT items, and add overclocking to the mix, the combination will really help to alleviate the lag.

Another option, if you really like CHT, but do not want the weight of 1.8.5, is to drop back to 1.7.1. It seems lighter and quicker in my experience. Nonetheless, I've been running CHT 1.8.5 cab installed on Vin's Pluto No Co0kie ROM builds, and the overall stability as well as performance, has been excellent. That said, your mileage will vary, depending on your specific ROM build, tweaks, third party apps, and usage.

Hope this helps...

Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 09-04-2010 at 02:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I just figured out something that made a VERY noticeable difference in speed, at least the speed when scrolling between the clock screen and icon screen. Just set one wallpaper for all tabs. Go to to menu -> set wallpaper and remove the wallpaper you're using for portrait mode, then make that your all tabs wallpaper.

The scrolling becomes as snappy as a when you first took the phone out of the box.

You can still have a separate landscape wallpaper, but I noticed that over opening the phone and closing it again, the scrolling slowed a bit.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (XV6875.1 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

as I have posted in many other threads...change the wallpaper type from hd to regular. it is a huge difference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

That did seem to help. With that changed, I can go back to setting separate wallpapers for home vs. all tabs, and it still scrolls smoothly. I'm not even sure what the difference is between HD and regular wallpapers?! My screen looks the exact same.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2, x50v
Carrier: Sprint

stcardinal is a n00b

If you turn off the background for the text, the thing that tells you which slide you're on (the small squares at the top) and the animation for the flipping clock it'll speed things up considerable.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS
Threadstarter

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

unfortunately i have tried all of these tips but none really have seemed to help. maybe if i disabled the extra home layouts.. anyone no how? i just like CHT 1.8.5 for the toggle switches and notification icons. unless we could move those to CHT 1.7.1???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2