PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 02:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove web preview from internet tab favorites?

On the sense 2.5 internet tab you have the nice internet launch browser icon and below that 2 "hot links" to whatever sites you want. "slide" up and you get some more.

is there anyway to REMOVE the little previews from these hot links and make them JUST buttons with the name in it? not only would it look cleaner but there would be room for 6 them instead of 2 and having having to slide for more.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys
On the sense 2.5 internet tab you have the nice internet launch browser icon and below that 2 "hot links" to whatever sites you want. "slide" up and you get some more.

is there anyway to REMOVE the little previews from these hot links and make them JUST buttons with the name in it? not only would it look cleaner but there would be room for 6 them instead of 2 and having having to slide for more.
lol
Yes, go back to the standard manila TouchFlo3D.

But seriously, there may be a way to disable this in the registry.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Remove web preview from internet tab favorites?

ahh but I really LIKE the 2.5 and my cookie home tab
Old 09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

so no way to do this?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The thumbnails you see are stored in \Windows\Thumbnails\
Copy the files off of your phone and onto your computer.

Now you can take a webpage logo for example and save the image as the same file name that the thumbnail is.
Copy back to your phone and softreset.

You get something like this.. .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (9.6 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thats a greaet idea and I will probable do that as a temp measure alas does not solve the primary problem. I want to reclaim the screen space they are consuming. :=)
Old 09-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Replace them with blank transparent PNGs then use the mod on my website to remove the frames. You will only be left with the text below them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:42 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post

Here's something you might want to try..It's what I've been using on my internet tab(sprint 6.5,sense2.5). It gave me 3 internet shortcuts per row x 4 rows. I can access 6 shortcuts without scrolling for more.
Just copy the 2 manila files into your windows folder and soft-reset. Be sure to make backup copies of the 2 default manila files before coping these over. That way, if for any reason it doesn't work, you can fix. Let me know if you'd like a ss of my internet tab.

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 09-10-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Brent - alas does not resolve the SPACE consumption issue

Inando - yes please. a screenie would be great!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Brent - alas does not resolve the SPACE consumption issue

Inando - yes please. a screenie would be great!
Sure thing. Here ya go..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg internet tab.jpg (78.0 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2