PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
OC Auto 4.2 on Latest Energy = Unstable

So I just flashed to the latest energy ROM and i've been trying to install overclocking and on every other ROM the tool i use (OC Auto 4.2) has had no issues with SOD and, but on energy it just seems to make everything unstable with lots of SOD's on lower speeds and random restarting. I saw the OCT 1.5 tool but I didnt know what to do with all the settings so I avoided it and never tried it. I did try setcpuspeed and that fixed the SOD except after phone call. Is anyone else having these issues? I even tried flashing back to stock and flashing back to energy and nothing changes.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Re: OC Auto 4.2 on Latest Energy = Unstable

Load max and min are the percentages that it shifts up to the next speed at "load max 30%" means that when the phone's CPU reaches 30% load it will use the next higher step speed.

For example if you set the steps to "1" that means you have two speeds, using 800mhz has an simplified example. AT 0-29% processor load, speed is set at half which would be 400mhz, once it hits 30% load or higher, it will shift up to 800mhz.

Load Min is set to 15% stock, that means when the load drops below 15%, it will drop the speed to the next lowest step. So if it's using 800mhz and the load drops below 15%, then it drops down to 400mhz on a "1" step setting.

Jump Min and Max are the percentages that will cause it to "jump" either to the fastest speed or the slowest speed at anytime. Initially they are set at Max 50% and Min 3%, so if load hits 50% at anytime, it will shoot to 800mhz, if it hits 3% load it will shoot to the slowest step, this doesn't do any good on a "1" step setting.

But if we changed the steps to "8", then on a max of 800mhz, the slowest step would be 100mhz, each step would be 100mhz.

Step 1= 100mhz, step 2 = 200 mhz, step 3 = 300mhz and so on to 800mhz

So if the load ever drops below 3%, it would jump down to the first/lowest step of 100mhz. If it was running at 800mhz and the load dropped below 15% but not to 3% then it will only slow down the next step to 700mhz.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Thanks alot for the detailed explanation wow that clarifies alot! I have a theory that the latest android lockscreen in the energy ROM's is whats causing it to have so may SOD's so Ill try switching back to the default lock screen and see how OC Auto handles it.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

I had the exact same problem so i switched to OCT 1.5 and it works just as good the only thing i noticed is that the battery life doesnt seem to be as good, but that may be just the way my settings are.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

What speed are you over clocking your phone to? I am using EnergyRom cookie, the latest release, and overclocking to 787mhz using OC Auto 4.21 without any real problems. I am using the android lock screen as well.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

I just made a guide on how to overclock with OCT 1.5 if you want to try using it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...explained.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2