PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

annsimoens is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mail envelope there on "mail" screen but not listed in "accounts" screen

Ok, this is my first post, so here goes...I have HTC Pro 2 through US Cellular, Windows 6.0

Some time ago, I had 2 email accounts that I added to my phone after my initial purchase. Everything was working fine for quite a while (3-4) months. My accounts were gmail and AT&T. All of a sudden I could not access either account, although they both had the "evelope" icon on the Mail screen. But from the Mail screen, when you go to :Menu,Accounts,Accounts...where it now says "Select an Account" on the top under "messaging", neither of the accounts are there. I lost all the saved emails that were in those accounts and I have no way to either get back into them to check/reenter the POP3 settings again, or to even delete them altogether. Also I have found no way to see them through the File Explorer, or through hooking up to my PC. I ended up reenter my AT&T address (just had to give it a different name) but I would really like to retrieve the lost emails, and if that's not possible, then just want to delete the icons as they are just taking up space on my mail screen. thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this mess for me!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: mail envelope there on "mail" screen but not listed in "accounts" screen

you should be able to check the emails on both accounts, for the google one, just go to google.com, and sign into gmail with your signon and password and for ATT just find out where to sign in for the e-mails, i.e. att.com, etc.

And welcome to the site!
Old 09-08-2010, 02:36 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: mail envelope there on "mail" screen but not listed in "accounts" screen

agreed.. you cant "lose" emails technically.. sure the email account in the device can crash for whatever reason, but all your emails are safe on the sites servers still..

when you reenter your accounts into your device, set how many days you wanna go back and when you send/recieve everything will be back in your device again
Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You could always delete the accounts on your tp2 and then set them up again.
Only takes a few minuites.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2