PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Strange sound problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132975)

Sailing_Nut 09-03-2010 11:14 AM

Strange sound problem

Hi, hoping someone here can give me a hand with this.

I've had my TP2 for quite a while and upgraded to WM6.5 (Official Verizon update) and it worked fine (albeit quite slowly) for several months.

Well, now it has stopped making sounds for anything other than a phone call ring.

I double checked in "Sounds & Notifications" and there is a check mark for Events, Programs, and Notifications. I even un checked them all saved and re-checked them to be sure that the setting had gotten cleared, but the check marks were there for some reason.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Tim

kaos 09-03-2010 12:10 PM

Re: Strange sound problem

hard reset or unlock and flash a custom rom.

kaos 09-03-2010 12:36 PM

double post my bad.

boredandtattooed 09-03-2010 12:53 PM

Did you have headphones in when the phone rang? simple soft reset fixes that

horndoctor 09-03-2010 02:01 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Clear Storage/Hard Reset will probably fix it.

It may have to do with the audiopara file. Have you installed a tweaked version to try to increase the volume or something? Sometimes those can mess up vibrations and other notifications. Or before you reset try installing the correct audiopara file again. It should be available around here somewhere.

Sailing_Nut 09-03-2010 02:05 PM

I have reset multiple times and no help. I have not tried a hard reset becasue of it being such a pain to get everything re-loaded.

The really odd thing is that I have not messed with anything as far as tweaks go. The only thing I have done is to install applications on the phone. Nothing that would have messed with the registry (other than to store their own settings) or anything.

horndoctor 09-03-2010 02:12 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailing_Nut
I have reset multiple times and no help. I have not tried a hard reset becasue of it being such a pain to get everything re-loaded.

The really odd thing is that I have not messed with anything as far as tweaks go. The only thing I have done is to install applications on the phone. Nothing that would have messed with the registry (other than to store their own settings) or anything.

Maybe one of those apps did it. You might try uninstalling a few and see what happens. :dontknow:

boredandtattooed 09-03-2010 02:38 PM

I love when people say "well i didnt really do anything to my phone..............expect install some apps" lol

horndoctor 09-03-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed
I love when people say "well i didnt really do anything to my phone..............expect install some apps" lol

lol
Yep, famous last words! :D

Sailing_Nut 09-03-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1934077)

lol
Yep, famous last words! :D

OK, so how do I go about troubleshooting what went wrong?

(Without wiping my entire device and starting again.)