PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam
SD not recognized when almost full

Does anyone else's SD card stop being recognized by the phone when its almost full. My PC sees it fine but the phone wont. It beeps when I insert it but it wont show up. If I make it have 1gb left it works fine again. Not really a problem since I usually have 2.5gb free but wondering if its normal?

Happened when I had the Touch Pro as well so I doubt its the phone.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SD not recognized when almost full

I couldn't reproduce this, my card's never been near full but I brought the 8 GB card down to 6 MB left... just filling it with random junk... and both file explorer and total commander saw it fine.

What are you using to try to view the card? File explorer? Does nothing at all see it? Like if you do settings --> SD card and phone storage does it show up there?

At this point all I can guess is either the card is not a great brand, or it's getting old, or it somehow got formatted wrong. You could pull everything off of it and reformat it. Set it to be viewed as a hard drive under your connection settings --> usb connection ...then in windows format with a FAT file system. Then put your stuff back on it (try to bring it near full) and see if that helps.

If not, buy a new one and maybe get a new brand. I got the common-as-dirt sandisk brand, and it's worked fine for me. But I've only had it a couple of months.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2