PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 02:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

slinkydoo1982 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking *OVERCLOCK* Specific OCT V1.5 Settings

This could and maybe should be in one, (or more) of the overclock threads, but I would like to share, and read from other users what their OCT V1.5 settings are. What ROM do you use to begin with, and, what are your best settings? Here are mine:

(Completely stable, since Aug 28th. btw)

Energy ROM August 28th, GTX, 23xxx, Cookie (Love it NRG, thanks) OCT V1.5 @ 768, 2000ms interval, 0 steps, (so it's running at a constant 768mhz, started with two steps and I think battery life was a little better), 100 load max, 0 load min, 80 jump max and 3 jump min.

I use Nitrogen ALL the time, NO SOD *fingers crossed*
Numerous phone calls, NO SOD *fingers crossed*
Opera AND texting WITH the physical keyboard, again, NO SOD.

So, try these settings, what the hec, right? And I do have quite a few different cabs installed, Resco Explorer and Resco Photo to name a few - super snappy at this speed, btw, and still no SOD. I tried ALL the other overclock methods and this for whatever reason is holding out. Netripper with Nayr1482's script had me at 787mhz for almost twenty four hours doing basically all the same stuff except I was on the same GTX 23xxx Cookie NRG ROM< from August 22nd. There's my two cents folks.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: *OVERCLOCK* Specific OCT V1.5 Settings

You are right this "Should" be in the other overclocking threads. Thanks for wanting to share, but is yet another OC thread really necessary?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i run @ 768 with these settings:
interval 1000ms
steps 15
load max 100
load min 0
jump max 80
jump min 3
thats been working great for me the past couple weeks. these are the only settings that dont seem to give me SOD.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
You are right this "Should" be in the other overclocking threads. Thanks for wanting to share, but is yet another OC thread really necessary?
I just wanted to see OCT settings, evironments; ROMs to be specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
i run @ 768 with these settings:
interval 1000ms
steps 15
load max 100
load min 0
jump max 80
jump min 3
thats been working great for me the past couple weeks. these are the only settings that dont seem to give me SOD.
I actually had 806mhz @ 15 steps for like a half an hour. The multiple steps for me are too laggy when I start using the phone, but what we do have in common is our load and jump settings. Which seem to be holding out for us. I wonder If anyone using OCT has it steady at 787 or even 806?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

CPU max 806.4
interval 1000ms
steps 2
load max 30
load min 15
jump max 30
jump min 3
Old 09-02-2010, 02:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
CPU max 806.4
interval 1000ms
steps 2
load max 30
load min 15
jump max 30
jump min 3
WOW! Stock OCT settings running @ 806mhz?! What ROM are you using?
And do you use Nitrogen?
Old 09-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkydoo1982 View Post
WOW! Stock OCT settings running @ 806mhz?! What ROM are you using?
And do you use Nitrogen?
Normally I use EnergyROM however my END key stopped working and I am getting a replacement phone tomorrow so I've been stock for the past couple days. Still pretty stable, just hope my new TP2 can OC as good. I don't use Nitrogen play but I do use Pocket Player and have the same freezing issues. I just disable OCT whenever I need music. I do get SOD after phone calls unless I install this cab...
Attached Files
File Type: cab Msm7k_No_SODonCalls_SetPhoneSleepZero.cab (566 Bytes, 214 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab OCT_V-1.5.CAB (50.0 KB, 307 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by one80oneday; 09-02-2010 at 03:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
Normally I use EnergyROM however my END key stopped working and I am getting a replacement phone tomorrow so I've been stock for the past couple days. Still pretty stable, just hope my new TP2 can OC as good. I don't use Nitrogen play but I do use Pocket Player and have the same freezing issues. I just disable OCT whenever I need music. I do get SOD after phone calls unless I install this cab...
On the latest Energy ROM, GTX 23xxx CHT, Never had a SOD after or during a phone call with the settings I'm using. Do you think it could have to do with my longer polling period, (2000)?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkydoo1982 View Post
I just wanted to see OCT settings, evironments; ROMs to be specific.

I actually had 806mhz @ 15 steps for like a half an hour. The multiple steps for me are too laggy when I start using the phone, but what we do have in common is our load and jump settings. Which seem to be holding out for us. I wonder If anyone using OCT has it steady at 787 or even 806?
well i dont want my phone oc'd all the time and with the settings i posted, its either overclocked to 768 or underclocked to 48. i just changed my steps to 1 though. this makes it underclock to 384 and seems to have solved my SOD when playing music and the screen shuts off.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

These are the settings I have settled on:

CPU max 768
interval 950ms
steps 1
load max 30
load min 15
jump max 30
jump min 3

Idles at 384.
I changed from 2 to 1 step because I saw a slight lag when I first started tasks so now I get a faster response.

Last edited by horndoctor; 09-06-2010 at 01:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
oct v1.5, overclock