PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dhstandard22 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Solved!

Solved. Thanks guys I was kind of worried.

Last edited by dhstandard22; 09-01-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HSPL for MightyRom contains Virus Warning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhstandard22 View Post
I was downloading the HSPL for the Touch Pro 2 so I could download and use MightyRom and the first thing I see when extracting it is a warning on my computer that it contains a trojan horse virus. I think we have a problem here and I wanted to warn everybody.
its a false alarm it happens alot, it just happened to me with the unlocker for tp2 just make a exclusion on your Av

MY GAMING CLAN WEB SITE http://l4dhydra.webs.com/
Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

If you read through the HSPL thread or the page where you download it from, you also would have seen a notice saying to dismiss any virus warnings as they are false positives. The reason it comes up as that is the file works by connecting to a server to verify somethings, and possibly even download the new HSPL file before running, and then the process of flashing make it look and act very much like a virus would.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

+1 on what's been said. Also, the HSPL is not specifically for MightyROM, it's for the TP2. You might consider changing the thread title so you don't freak ppl out, since it's a non-issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2