PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

arabdrifter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
does anyone know how to erase system files like;

what program will allow me to erase all the BS programs like:

sprint tv
nascar
mp3 trimmer
notes
sprint music
windows live
world card
streaming media
office mobile
htc mobile guide
jetcet presenter5/jetcet print5

all of these programs are useless to me and i could care less for them. is there any program that can delete the programs? if so is there a cab file where i just download it and go? thank you very much.

also i have a sprint tp2 w/stock rom and stock radio.

Last edited by arabdrifter; 09-01-2010 at 07:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: does anyone know how to erase system files like;

The only way to get rid of the bloat is to flash a ROM that has been cleaned. You can't actually delete anything stored in the phone's ROM. You can dlete the shortcuts and clean up the start menu a bit, but the programs will still be there taking up space. A search would have led you to this answer.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Threadstarter

arabdrifter is a n00b

ah i see. have used the search button for hrs/days for this solution. i take it, id have to use one of these custom roms on here?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yep, the question is WHICH custom ROM. Many to choose from and figuring out which one meets your needs is a chore. I stick with the stock ROM and mod it to my liking. Maybe not as fast or pretty as a custom ROM, but far less headache. Flashing a ROM takes a bit of knowledge and isn't something to just jump into. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

as miami_son said you CAN clean things up a bit...

you could create a config file for sprint for Crude Scraper
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587637

i am working on a config for Verizon...

basically you can do everything manually as well...but if you are going through the hassle it is nice to document it for others (and if you ever HR, re-flash, etc...it is nice not to have to do it all by hand again).

if you are interested basically what i am doing so far is using Total Commander to go into /Windows/Start Menu/ Programs/

You need to add the .lnk in that folder to the config file

Hold on the .lnk, go to properties...find out what file it is pointing to. You will want to add that file to the config.

Go to the root of your phone and use TC and search for that item (eg Sprint TV). Look at what it finds...you will have to determine if you need to add that to the config.

Use a registry editor and search for it as well. Again you will have to look through what it finds and determine if it should be added to the config.

Etc...

Here as an example of what my config looks like for "Audio Booster":
Code:

<application name="Audio Booster">
        <file>\Windows\AudioBooster.exe</file>
        <file>\Windows\AudioBooster.lnk</file>
        <file>\Windows\AudioBooster.exe.0409.mui</file>
        <file>\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia\Audio Booster.lnk</file>
        <regkey>HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Multimedia\Audio Booster.lnk</regkey>
        <file>\Windows\HTC_audio_booster.png</file>
</application>
It really isnt as hard as it sounds...just time consuming to go through and find all the files, shortcuts, pictures, registry edits, etc...
Old 09-02-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I remember thinking the same thing when I got mine. I'd recommend not trying manual uninstall. it's a million little steps, all of which can be screwed up. a new rom is a lil scary at first but solves everything in one step.

this us what I would do if I'd just gotten the phone:

backup contacts and messages with pimbackup
connect to pc with usb (pc should have internet)
get task29 (version with boot screen, post 9 in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571 )
task 29 wipes your phone clean so that the new rom won't have problems. once you run it from
the pc you're committed cuz the phone is totally erased.
this is the rom I'd recommend, cleaned of all junk. run from pc after task 29. password is mightyrom.com .
http://www.mightyrom.com/downloads/M....15_062010.exe
run the provisioning program built in to the rom. needed to set the phone up with certain sprint only settings. also get this attached cab to bring back sprint's internet fixer setting (update user profile). you may never need it.
bring up some tutorials on rom flashing in case I missed anything, but it's easy. you can get the stock rom that you're currently using off htc website if you wanna go back.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

oh yeah the cab
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Or you could use one of the Kitchens and use the stock ROM and just pull out what you want and use that, its going to be the stock ROM without the stuff you don't want. I did this for a while before the official 2.5 hit for sprint and On a fresh install I had 280MB free for storage and at about 100MB free Ram.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabdrifter
what program will allow me to erase all the BS programs like:

sprint tv
nascar
mp3 trimmer
notes
sprint music
windows live
world card
streaming media
office mobile
htc mobile guide
jetcet presenter5/jetcet print5

all of these programs are useless to me and i could care less for them. is there any program that can delete the programs? if so is there a cab file where i just download it and go? thank you very much.

also i have a sprint tp2 w/stock rom and stock radio.
Also, you could use an app like sktools or tms uninstaller to uninstall most of those. You won't be able to remove the cabs but you'll free up a lot of space.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Also, you could use an app like sktools or tms uninstaller to uninstall most of those. You won't be able to remove the cabs but you'll free up a lot of space.
I'm not sure this is true. I think SKtools only shows the things you personally installed. It doesn't offer to uninstall stuff that came with the rom. For example on my phone it doesn't show the HTC opera 9 or internet explorer that comes with it, though they're definitely installed and can be run anytime.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2