PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is htc done with winmo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
Well, from what I've read so far, it looks like a complete change in direction a new project from scratch, using android/iphone as a basis.

So instead of an OS that is more like the windows on a desktop computer, it's more like an android/iphone. Because you can't lockup/crash an iphone by just using it out of the box, where as if you take a WinMo phone and start doing dumb stuff to it (deleting files, installing a bazillion programs), it will crash like mofo.

The reason an iphone and android work so well is because it's so restricted, you can't do a whole a lot to **** it up without unlocking it or getting into the programming. At the same time, you can do less, if you unlock an iphone and allow it to multitask, it starts to lag and slow down.

I'm sure this isn't up to date, so there might be some discrepancies.

Yeah....... no thanks.
i would hardly call WP7 android or iphone like. M$ was going for something completeley different as far as the UI and overall OS goes and IMO I think they achieved that.

"here as if you take a WinMo phone and start doing dumb stuff to it, it will crash like mofo."

well yeah thats to be expected sport. doing dumb stuff usually renders unfavorable results in virtually every part of life.

and whats you basis for calling android restrictive? I understand how that can be said about the iphone but for the most part, Android is the wild wild west. Its so unrestricted its almost to a fault.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

erockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good workerockvr6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is htc done with winmo?

heres what i found on engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/h...7-launch-octo/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2