PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xxlarge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I messed up

Up until about a week ago I loved my touch pro2 without question. That is until I strolled into a Sprint store and saw the EVO with my own two eyes. The guy placed it in my hands and said go ahead try it out. Everything worked so fast...no spinning lights while waiting for a program to open, no waiting at all.
Everything I clicked on immediately appeared on the screen. My 12 year old son and I both said wow. The live backgrounds, the huge screen, the led flash, the seemingly endless amount of MODERN programs. Don't get me wrong, the pro2 is a great phone, but I believe android is better. I was so happy until I messed up and went to see the EVO.
(these are the words of a newly Android convert)
Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: I messed up

umm ok?? so you bought an EVO the?? otherwise how else are you a Android convert?

and why are you posting this here? it seems to be about the EVO not your TP2
Old 09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... That's what happens with ALL technology... Remember your first Pentium computer? How friggin fast was that (back then) Now... Your TP2 is faster.
Anytime you look at newer technology you are going to have a similar reaction. That's how they keep us coming back for upgrades.

I heard one time that Intel had already developed the technology for the next 16 generations of processors... You think they'll just skip 15 gens and give us the fastest they've got?
NOPE...

Get the EVO... The next upgraded phone will also be awesome and so on and so forth.
I'm holding out for my WP7 phone.
p.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xxlarge is a n00b

I am an Android convert, because finally I see the light...touch pro2 was great while it lasted. I'm moving on as soon as I can add an Android phone to my legacy account in October. It's been fun playing with custom roms and customizing screens, but WM time is gone...yes i'm beating a dead horse. =D>
Old 09-01-2010, 01:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

oh ok, was just wondering if you consciously knew you were posting something that should be somewhere else... and.... well you did know, just didnt care apparently...

ok, well thanks for crowding the forum some more w/a BS topic started...
Old 09-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xxlarge is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

ok, well thanks for crowding the forum some more w/a BS topic started...
And thank you for the attitude and love! Nice to know you're keeper of board, and the hall monitor of posts If you don't like the post just ignore it and move on...unless you chipped in on the cost of the servers and the bandwidth. =D>
Old 09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

@xxlarge
have you tried overclocking your TP2? Obviously it won't be as smooth as the EVO, but it really does speed things up and makes the TP2 much snappier and smoother. I am over clocked to 787mhz (from 528mhz stock)

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xxlarge is a n00b

I haven't tried to overclock yet, but the speed isn't the biggest issue for me. I think that the majority of the programs, games, etc look like windows 3.1. I think the device is awesome I like CHT and the custom roms, I just think the majority of the programs suck. Anyone else agree?
Old 09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Im with bored on this... PLEASE stop starting these threads about how good android is and how "slow" or whatever the TP2 is, we don't care, your comparing a year and a half old phone to the latest technology for christ's sake. If ya get one say your good bye's and thanks and move on to the android forums!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xxlarge is a n00b

ooxteme, if you're bored with this...move on, shove off, don't let the door hit you on the way out..I'm sure there are other posts that you can grace with your presence in all of its glory. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's why this is a message board, my message to you is step off...lol. =D>
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2