PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I messed up

And welcome to our community... I hope you've enjoyed your stay and our wonderful peers.
p.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlarge View Post
And thank you for the attitude and love! Nice to know you're keeper of board, and the hall monitor of posts If you don't like the post just ignore it and move on...unless you chipped in on the cost of the servers and the bandwidth. =D>
Dude, you created a useless post and gave it a provocative title. Don't blame us for looking. It is getting very tiresome to keep seeing these "Later, suckas" posts in here. You found something better? Amazing. Tell all your firends, but leave us out of it. It smacks of "neener neener neener" when you post in here telling us troglodytes how much better your new toy is than the brick we continue to use and love. Like you've had an epiphany that we're just to dense to see for ourselves. Enjoy your new toy. It, too, will be obsolete in 6-12 months and someone else will be making you feel like you've tried to make us feel with this post.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:17 PM
MWSlim

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Love all the forum police around here

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
@xxlarge
have you tried overclocking your TP2? Obviously it won't be as smooth as the EVO, but it really does speed things up and makes the TP2 much snappier and smoother. I am over clocked to 787mhz (from 528mhz stock)
Seven posts since 2009 (and four in this thread alone) tells me he didn't spend a whole lot of time in here. Not contributing, anyway.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

I was just going to say that!!!! ^^^^^^^^
"
Edit: Im not bored with this "IM WITH BORED ON THIS" please read more carefully next time. Thank you...

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 09-01-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

xxlarge is a n00b

Miami_Son, I get what you're saying...but I haven't left yet. I'm still a proud owner of the pro2. I was just illustrating the techie feeling of loving your device until you're truly introduced to something new. I've followed the release of EVO and all the specs and whatnot, but It wasn't until I went and actually used the device that I truly felt the difference. Hence my title I messed up is supposed to mirror that old saying ignorance is bliss
Old 09-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well, given that this forum is primarily a tech forum for helping each other out, your title probably made many click on it to try and help you since it sounded like you had a genuine problem. Don't blame anyone for clicking on it and then being angry to find they were duped into doing so. Maybe if you were a long time member with hundreds of posts it would make sense for you to post a goodbye, but since you aren't it simply comes across as childish nose-rubbing. I'm glad you found a phone you like, but it is hardly earth-shattering that someone would be so pleased with a new replacement for an 18-month old phone that was showing its age about 8 months ago. Technology cycles are down to about 6 months and the cellular companies trade on this by making everything sound like the latest and greatest in order to attract new customers or get current ones to spend money on upgrades and extend their contracts. The reality is that the old technology doesn't suddenly stop working the day a new and better phone is released. I tend to keep my phones about 18 months and while sad to see them go, I put enough time and energy into picking them out and making them work that I'm rarely disappointed with them while I used them. I've only had my Tilt 2 for 3 months, but it is everything and more than the Incite it replaced, and I loved that phone. If not for my failing eyesight and the need for a larger screen, I'd still be using it. Telling us you've "seen the light" infers that we are too stupid to recognize there are better choices out there. It ignores that A) some of us are actually happy with our phones, and B) some of us have to wait until our next upgrade cycle to switch. Kind of a kick in the face to some who clicked on your craftily-titled thread thinking you needed help.

So, enjoy your new toy, but don't feel compelled to tell us how great it is compared to the TP2/Tilt 2. We are well aware of this phone's weaknesses, but I believe most WinMo users are like me, tinkerers that like to get under the hood and push the limits of technology, not satisfied to be spoon-fed by manufacturers and handcuffed by their offerings. I think they call those people iPhone users.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 09-01-2010 at 03:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

miami, i dont thank you enough around here. to the op, i think the only way you messed up was by making this thread. boom boom powww!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... Don't share here. LOL...
OP... I think you would have been better off posting this in the off topic section. Most likely where this will end up eventually anyway.
I get it. You are just sharing...
That's what everyone here is having an issue with.
It has not much to do withth the TP2 and more to do with your feelings or experience... Which would make it off topic.

p.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Guys, leave the modding to the mods please. Use the report button. You just add to the clutter with the arguing.

OP, this was the wrong forum. Thread closed.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2