PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I am sorry my friends. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132795)

kenscivic 09-01-2010 11:02 AM

I am sorry my friends.

I had to switch providers recently (us cell to sprint) and I loved my tp2 BUT I could not justify paying that price for the same phone I have and they said they can't brand it a sprint phone so I picked up the samsung epic ](*,) It's an awesome phone and imo easier to use than winmo but I still will have a soft spot for my first smart phone the great tp2. :headbang:

AZTECHKA 09-01-2010 11:29 AM

Re: I am sorry my friends.

Sad to see you go.
Enjoy your Epic. I hear it's a fun phone.
p.

slochild 09-01-2010 12:11 PM

Oh don't worry - unless you only use the phone on major interstates, you'll switch back. :)

Enjoy the new phone. I hope you learn a lot.

AZTECHKA 09-01-2010 12:19 PM

I'm glad I live in San Diego... I don't have to worry about coverage regardless of carrier.
Good luck bro.
p.

hthomas 09-01-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenscivic (Post 1931370)
I had to switch providers recently (us cell to sprint) and I loved my tp2 BUT I could not justify paying that price for the same phone I have and they said they can't brand it a sprint phone so I picked up the samsung epic ](*,) It's an awesome phone and imo easier to use than winmo but I still will have a soft spot for my first smart phone the great tp2. :headbang:

Why not flash the TP2 with a Sprint or custom Rom and keep the better phone...

How to unlock & flash a CDMA TP2 Upgrades

redd214 09-01-2010 12:56 PM

why would he flash his TP2 and keep the Epic ;)?

hthomas 09-01-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1931565)
why would he flash his TP2 and keep the Epic ;)?

lol funny guy... hey redd

kenscivic 09-01-2010 02:04 PM

I live in oak ridge (booney) and have 3 bars all the time so far... My usc tp2 didn't have any in my house but this one has 2.. So far it has the same / better coverage than usc

dayznfuz 09-01-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenscivic (Post 1931672)
I live in oak ridge (booney) and have 3 bars all the time so far... My usc tp2 didn't have any in my house but this one has 2.. So far it has the same / better coverage than usc

I went from USC to Sprint as well. The coverage is basically the same. In my area, Sprint will roam on USC first and then Verizon. USC roams on Verizon (and I'd assume Sprint, but I didn't check back when I had my phone). In other words, for voice at least, coverage is exactly the same.

Price on the other hand is much better with Sprint, particularly if you have a data phone.

AZTECHKA 09-01-2010 02:12 PM

The good thing is that we roam on Verizon... So wherever there's Verizon there is Sprint.