PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 AM
edj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

edj is keeping up the good workedj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blurry camera

My camera suddenly started taking blurry pictures and I figured out from a previous post that it's because of a hazy film of something on the lens cover in the back cover of the TP2. One fix is to remove the cover but I'd rather not have the back open and the lens exposed and the camera was taking decent pictures before with the lens cover in place. I tried cleaning the lens cover but I can't find a way to remove the hazy film that is on the cover that is causing the blurry pictures.

Has anyone discovered a way to fix this with a new lens cover or a way to clean it.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Blurry camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
My camera suddenly started taking blurry pictures and I figured out from a previous post that it's because of a hazy film of something on the lens cover in the back cover of the TP2. One fix is to remove the cover but I'd rather not have the back open and the lens exposed and the camera was taking decent pictures before with the lens cover in place. I tried cleaning the lens cover but I can't find a way to remove the hazy film that is on the cover that is causing the blurry pictures.

Has anyone discovered a way to fix this with a new lens cover or a way to clean it.

Thanks.
Not what you are looking for but...
I actually take my back cover OFF when I am taking pictures. The pictures are 10x better than they are even with a clean lens cover. Obviously if you take a lot of pictures this isnt for you...
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM
edj
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I think this is also my solution until I figure out something else for the lens cover. The pictures are pretty useless with the lens cover on right now. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

+1 to this problem, looks like a 1970's camera is taking the pics lol!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I went into a Sprint store and the guy I usually go to hooked me up with a new cover. FREE!.
But I know what you're saying. Somethimes the pics come out blurry. You really have to be aware of the light and where it's coming from. Any light that hits the lense also makes for strange effects on your photos.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Thanks.
I had a similar issue so I decided to try it without the lens cover, WOW, what a difference. Even before the problem, the pics are better. I do not treat my phone with the respect the price tag deserves and with the cover being off for about 6 months now, I can say I have not had any issues. Of course, with the lens cover on you protect the glass from scratches but it is recessed quite a bit and as long as you dust it now and again, you should be fine. Also, the lense cover, when popped out has a sticky film around the non-clear edges which will allow you to restick it if you decide keeping it off is not for you. It sticks from the inside of the phones batt cover so what I did was just restick it to a lowered area and replaced the back plate. Now the lens cover is with the phone all the time but my pics are without the cover. Works like a charm!!!! Better GPS pics too!

Another plus is that I noticed a heat reduction because, or course, there is a larger area for the heat to disipate. Good luck!!

Oh and one more thing, if you had a TP before this, you would notice a big difference in quality due to the lighting and flash capabilities on the TP vs. none on the TP2. This option allows a lot more light in the camera which brightens the tones to a better look since there is no flash.

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!

Last edited by geotravelcat; 09-01-2010 at 04:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
edj
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you for these ideas. I'll try to get the cover replaced and also try the lens cover off for photos when I take a lot of them.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I think this is also my solution until I figure out something else for the lens cover. The pictures are pretty useless with the lens cover on right now. Thanks.
i know what would work..any auto store sells it..i use it on my headlights.
http://www.autogeek.net/motplaspol.html

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2