PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800, no2chem 50xx
Carrier: Verizon

theTastyCat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the best way to get rid of my TP2?

Hey all - thanks for reading.

I'm glad so many people have had great experiences with their TP2s, but I've singlehandedly made up for most of them. I'm running MightyRom with the bare minimum of programs loaded in order to TRY to get it to run smoothly, but it's incredibly unresponsive, laggy, and buggy. Every few weeks it will delete all of my calendar, contacts, e-mails, and texts - this week it actually hard-reset itself without an invitation. Internet Sharing with my PC via USB is an incredibly frustrating enterprise; sometimes it's great, other times it's almost impossible to connect. My shortcuts will suddenly not work, and programs will randomly fail and need to be reinstalled. Opera dies about a week after hard reset - it shows the loading screen, then it just disappears, preventing me from following any links in e-mail as they go right to Opera, and I can't cut and paste into Opera Mini, which is so much faster. Visual Voicemail is incredibly bug-laden...the list goes on.

ANYWAY - I am mightily coveting the Droid X. Here's my question for the geniuses: what's the most cost-effective way to get it? I'm still 8 months from NE2. My deductible with Asurion is showing to be $89 - would it be worth getting whatever they're sending out these days and trying to resell it on Ebay? Or should I try and sell my TP2 directly being honest about all the issues? I haven't heard these complaints about MightyRom, so my guess is the issues are hardware-related.

My GF's NE2 is ready, and she's got a Blackberry 8830 we got off of Ebay. She wants me to take her NE2, but I think she deserves it - are the newer BBs worth the upgrade from the 8830? She does e-mail, texting, a little internet, and games like Sudoku. I really don't want to take her NE2 if I can help it.

I scored my TP2 for like $99 because of NE2 and an online discount - would love to do the same for the DX, but I don't think it's possible.

Please recommend a course of action!

Many thanks.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's the best way to get rid of my TP2?

I replied to this in the Droid X forum...

HERE

Let me know what you think...I didn't want your question to go unanswered here!!

Last edited by willyjay; 09-01-2010 at 07:52 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2