PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooregulateoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ooregulateoo
How to get the SPC or MSL for TP2?

Ive been trying to get the MSL or SPC for my Touch Pro 2, but it seems like its been failing. I have tried both the MSLGrabber even after i upgraded the .net version it gets an error.
I also have tried the guide on the stickey for the tp2 forum but i cant get the right MSL.

I am trying to dial ##778# so i can make my phone calls come in faster but i need the msl.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35592 this is what i tried but i cant seem to get it to work even when i type in my HEX or DEC or SN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my last resort is to call sprint to ask them but i dont want to do it
Old 10-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: How to get the SPC or MSL for TP2?

If you activated online, it actually gave you your MSL. I suppose it's too late for that though unless you saved the page.

I found this post through searching, maybe it will help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
This is currently the only method that i know of to be avaliable for touch pro 2 and sprint....baf and getspc no longer work but this method does.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro2 this is the only way to get your MSL other then to call sprint.
1. You need a Reg edit tool like PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
2. Go to HKLM\Software\HTC\ATDbgLog
3. Edit item called "Enable" and change from "0" to "1" (leave out quotes.) Save changes.
4. Exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
5. Shutdown/turnoff device.
6. Turn back on.
7. Once turned on leave running for 1 minute or longer (a log files is being created durring this time in the "\Atlog" folder.)
8. After 1 min go back into registry and set value back to "0". Make sure to save changes and exit PHM RegEdit or resco registy editor.
9. Shutdown device again and turn back on.
10. Varify that the Registry value is still set to "0", if not then repeat above steps and wait 1 min before shutting down the second time in step 9.
11. Now you should open Explorer and go to the folder "\Atlog" in the root directory of your device.
12. You shoould see a file called "ATDbg0" (the "0" may be another number like 1), if your using another file browser you may see the full file name include the "xtx" extention. This file is a text file and can be opened in Word mobile.
13. open the file and use the find feature to locate "RMSL", you should soon find a line item that includes a 6 digit number, this is your MSL code.

I tried it on mine and confirm it works without a problem. I used soft reset method holding down power and it worked fine. If you find this helpful feel free to thank me.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ooregulateoo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ooregulateoo

thank you very much im going to try this out right after i try to find the reg edit cab
Old 10-09-2009, 02:40 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

You could call your phone company and ask.

They have always given it to me without an issue.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
You could call your phone company and ask.

They have always given it to me without an issue.
He said he didn't want to do that.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooregulateoo View Post
Ive been trying to get the MSL or SPC for my Touch Pro 2, but it seems like its been failing. I have tried both the MSLGrabber even after i upgraded the .net version it gets an error.
I also have tried the guide on the stickey for the tp2 forum but i cant get the right MSL.

I am trying to dial ##778# so i can make my phone calls come in faster but i need the msl.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35592 this is what i tried but i cant seem to get it to work even when i type in my HEX or DEC or SN.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my last resort is to call sprint to ask them but i dont want to do it
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...05&postcount=1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: raphael
Carrier: cricket

monterodavid is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to monterodavid Send a message via Yahoo to monterodavid Send a message via Skype™ to monterodavid

you area genius thanks it works like a charm
Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 AM
non
Lurker

non is a n00b

I followed the steps and got MSL, but it didn't work to unlock the phone. :/
Old 09-01-2010, 02:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by non View Post
I followed the steps and got MSL, but it didn't work to unlock the phone. :/
it doesn't unlock the phone, per say. it just lets you edit your epst settings. you can also use this app to get your msl http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97552

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2