PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tilt 2 rom undate, hate sms app (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132748)

ThatOneMexican 08-31-2010 09:57 PM

Tilt 2 rom undate, hate sms app

I just updated my tilt 2's rom last night and Im hating the sms app it comes with. Can anyone give me a link/cab or something that will restore the sms app to the one on the previous rom, you know the one everyone uses...not the htc one.

boredandtattooed 08-31-2010 10:04 PM

Re: Tilt 2 rom undate, hate sms app

well what did they give you excatly because what your asking isnt necessarily possible.. is it sense 2.1 or 2.5??

sense 2.1 you can replace the manila file i belive to restore the "tap" on a message going to WM Msg and not HTC Msg... this is what you mean right, you dont like the Eye Candy(HTC) Version of messaging??

sense 2.5 you either use the tab and "tap" to HTC msg, or you dont.. replacing the file doesnt work on 2.5 like it does on 2.1...

ThatOneMexican 08-31-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1930873)
well what did they give you excatly because what your asking isnt necessarily possible.. is it sense 2.1 or 2.5??

sense 2.1 you can replace the manila file i belive to restore the "tap" on a message going to WM Msg and not HTC Msg... this is what you mean right, you dont like the Eye Candy(HTC) Version of messaging??

sense 2.5 you either use the tab and "tap" to HTC msg, or you dont.. replacing the file doesnt work on 2.5 like it does on 2.1...

Not exactly what I wanted to here, haha. Yeah, its sense 2.5 with the HTC version of messaging :/

Ok, can I just revert to the previouse rom? and if so, can a link be provided because its no longer in the HTC website since they now have the newer rom

creedo 08-31-2010 11:09 PM

Something I'm not clear on, so I figure I'll ask here... is the arcsoft program the official HTC one, or not? Cuz when I've used it in the past it looked just like what came with my sprint stock 6.5 rom... the text being integrated into pocket outlook. Or else I never got to use it, and the sprint rom's messaging always took over before I could see it.

eric12341 08-31-2010 11:40 PM

these gsm phones get like 3 or more official rom updates while us CDMA users get just 1. what the hell is up with that?

puff601 09-01-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1930999)
these gsm phones get like 3 or more official rom updates while us CDMA users get just 1. what the hell is up with that?

lol. and they get a working htc messaging but dont want it lol. is it now safe to say that htc messaging is only being implemented into gsm roms? :(

eric12341 09-01-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1931165)
lol. and they get a working htc messaging but dont want it lol. is it now safe to say that htc messaging is only being implemented into gsm roms? :(

well the messaging fix was released to the europe version of the site but not US so that's sayin something.