PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up No more dongle!

I hate using the dongle with my wired earphones on my Tilt 2. Even though I mostly use a Motorola S9 BT headset, there are times when the wired earphones are the only option. I prefer the in-ear type sets with silicone cups. I've been looking all over for a set like that with a mini-USB connector so I wouldn't have to use the dongle, but they are nowhere to be found. There are a few sets, including the OEM ones from HTC, but they all have crappy earbuds. I found a set on eBay, but when I got them I was disappointed with the sound quality. They sucked. Decided that I would combine the plug from those with the rest from my nice set of 3.5mm plug earphones. If you've ever cut into the wires on these earphones you know how hard they are to work with. Not wires, actually, more like filaments. They have a cooating on them to prevent shorting so they can be put together without individual insulation. This makes them thinner and more bendable. Unfortunately, it makes them extremely hard to solder. After some considerable time spent figuring out which wire went where (color codes didn't match, one set had 5 wires, the other only 4) I managed to get it all together and now have a mini-USB in-ear silicone headset that sounds awesome and still allows access to the phone controls. No more dongle for me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1828.jpg (453.0 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2