PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro w/ SSK 2.6R2
Carrier: Verizon

doublee313 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking HTC Sense with Verizon MR2 button remove?

After upgrading to MR2, my home screen has these QUICK buttons I can't get rid of. I used to have "Missed Calls" and "Missed Texts" which was removed. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these buttons and get my original setup back?

Thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC Sense with Verizon MR2 button remove?

Try installing cookie's home tab. It allows full control over what does and doesn't appear on the home screen, as well as the quicklinks grid you get when you scroll down. It does also allow you to turn on or off the missed calls/texts notification bar.

You are also given the ability to scroll sideways to a new batch of links, or to scroll up and down to additional home screens that you can fill with something different (different style clock, music player, whatever). You can choose 4 rows of quicklinks instead of three. It's really quite pimp. Takes up some memory but it's not bad, especially if you choose to keep just 3 rows of links.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
Try installing cookie's home tab. It allows full control over what does and doesn't appear on the home screen, as well as the quicklinks grid you get when you scroll down. It does also allow you to turn on or off the missed calls/texts notification bar.

You are also given the ability to scroll sideways to a new batch of links, or to scroll up and down to additional home screens that you can fill with something different (different style clock, music player, whatever). You can choose 4 rows of quicklinks instead of three. It's really quite pimp. Takes up some memory but it's not bad, especially if you choose to keep just 3 rows of links.
+1. good suggestion creedo
Old 08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

yep, I ended up installing CHT (Cookie's Home Tab(s?) too

its pretty slow because as I understand it was designed for the HD2 with the snapdragon, but it works well. For me it was the calendar info missing by default that made me go shopping.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post

its pretty slow because as I understand it was designed for the HD2 with the snapdragon, but it works well. For me it was the calendar info missing by default that made me go shopping.
Originally for the HD2 yes. But as of now, not true at all. Either turn the animation off in CHT or do "Simple" or "Optimized" which makes life alot easier on your TP2.

OAN: With CHT u wont have to worry about missing any kind of notification because of the widgets u can add or subtract. But yeah it is a memory hog... Thats why I suggest anyone with CHT change your default pagepool (12-16) to have more available RAM!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame
Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post

Originally for the HD2 yes. But as of now, not true at all. Either turn the animation off in CHT or do "Simple" or "Optimized" which makes life alot easier on your TP2.

OAN: With CHT u wont have to worry about missing any kind of notification because of the widgets u can add or subtract. But yeah it is a memory hog... Thats why I suggest anyone with CHT change your default pagepool (12-16) to have more available RAM!
I found changing the wallpaper type to "regular" (default is hd) made by far the biggest performance difference
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

I found changing the wallpaper type to "regular" (default is hd) made by far the biggest performance difference
tnx nayr, you're right!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2