PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Newbie question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132717)

JP3 08-31-2010 04:18 PM

Newbie question

I have a TP2 and have few complaints but I know have a problem maybe someone else has experienced. Phone worked fine shut it off when I went to bed last night upon waking up this morning I turned phone on, when putting in p/w it said incorrect p/w, so I repeated and same thing so as most I slowed down and made sure I put it in correctly which I did and same answer nfg. I have taken out the battery also done the reset button and useless exercises....How do I get into my phone ??? Anybody ever here of this.

Thanks for the help, I did not see anything in reference to this problem on boards..

kuluminati 08-31-2010 04:57 PM

Re: Newbie question

The only way I have seen people get past this is by hard resetting. You may want to wait for a few more responses, but that might be the end result.

Miami_Son 08-31-2010 05:09 PM

I've seen a number of posts on this in here lately (unfortunately, I can't find any of them:scratch:), so it appears to be a somewhat common issue. I never use a password and after seeing several posts about this I will never use on on this phone. I don't remember reading of any other resolution beyond a hard reset or if a password-protected phone will even allow you to do that.:(

Also, it helps if you use more descriptive thread titles.

Gorby 08-31-2010 05:13 PM

Did you try entering your p/w with both - hard keyboard and on-screen? Just wondering in case if a key on your k/b is busted or something...

ooxteme 08-31-2010 06:00 PM

hard reset is the only way ive seen to fix this

JP3 09-01-2010 07:57 AM

sorry yes used both keyboard and touchscreen, also removed battery,tried reset and went to sprint store all no help.. I did forget the phone got wet awhile back ...could be related...

they are offering either the Samsung Epic or HTC Evo .......any thoughts??

boredandtattooed 09-01-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP3 (Post 1931245)
sorry yes used both keyboard and touchscreen, also removed battery,tried reset and went to sprint store all no help.. I did forget the phone got wet awhile back ...could be related...

they are offering either the Samsung Epic or HTC Evo .......any thoughts??

"They are Offering"?????? what do you mean?

JP3 09-01-2010 01:09 PM

well I guess that didn`t come out right..... they are suggesting those instead of paying the $ 100 deductible and getting another TP 2 which I have heard TEP does not have anyway.. so for plus $99 should I go for one of them ??

must agree better to burn out, than to fade away.

Gorby 09-01-2010 01:42 PM

I would certainly upgrade if this is an option but keep in mind that both of the phones you mentioned come with a $10 extra monthly fee usualy. So that would change your monthly rate and not just a one-time upgrade fee. If they are offering it without that extra monthly fee, I would say jump on it quick!

Wesley762 09-01-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorby (Post 1931643)
I would certainly upgrade if this is an option but keep in mind that both of the phones you mentioned come with a $10 extra monthly fee usualy. So that would change your monthly rate and not just a one-time upgrade fee. If they are offering it without that extra monthly fee, I would say jump on it quick!

We all know they are going to charge Him the $10.00 for those phones, thats just does not need to be put into anyones head they can escape the great $10.00 fee. Thats just been beaten to death.

With that said, if they are going to let you upgrade to ether of those phones for $99 without having to renew your contract I would be on that like Fly's on @#$%