PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ѠѳѺ Ultimate Overclocking Guide For TP2 ѺѳѠ

has anyone found a solution to not being able to boot android while winmo is overclocked? (sorry is this is slightly off topic)
Old 08-31-2010, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

Something I'm surprised more people don't ask, how safe is it? I mean, if you try to go too high can you kill your phone? Or is it just minor stuff like sudden freezes or reboots?

Is it safe enough to just try for the maximum speed once, and if you run into issues, get in there and change the settings before anything serious happens? Some say just try it in steps, increasing speed gradually. How long should I look for a speed to be stable before I decide to try the next higher speed?

If I OC the phone and it somehow burns out, will insurance cover it (assuming you just tell them it died by itself, not admitting you OCed it to hell)?

Has anyone heard of that happening?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
has anyone found a solution to not being able to boot android while winmo is overclocked? (sorry is this is slightly off topic)
LOL 666 on your name... SUP EVIL BRO! ok moving on to your question, when i tried android Os on my phone it was in early stages of the development so i didn't use for long,i will install it on my phone and as soon as i get it to run properly ill let you know.

MY GAMING CLAN WEB SITE http://l4dhydra.webs.com/
Old 08-31-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
Something I'm surprised more people don't ask, how safe is it? I mean, if you try to go too high can you kill your phone? Or is it just minor stuff like sudden freezes or reboots?

Is it safe enough to just try for the maximum speed once, and if you run into issues, get in there and change the settings before anything serious happens? Some say just try it in steps, increasing speed gradually. How long should I look for a speed to be stable before I decide to try the next higher speed?

If I OC the phone and it somehow burns out, will insurance cover it (assuming you just tell them it died by itself, not admitting you OCed it to hell)?

Has anyone heard of that happening?
ok ill try to answer the best i can, so here i go;

Q1-how safe is it?
i have gone over 800MHz and all it does is work for a while and randomly freeze up

Q2-if you try to go too high can you kill your phone?
i dont think it can since it reaches high levels of instability which causes the phone to crash completely

Q3-is it just minor stuff like sudden freezes or reboots?
as far as i have tested it, yes only freezes no reboots though

Q4-Is it safe enough to just try for the maximum speed once, and if you run into issues, get in there and change the settings before anything serious happens?
i recommend goin up one setting at a time which is 19.2MHz each level you lower or scale up

Q5-How long should I look for a speed to be stable before I decide to try the next higher speed?
stick to settings for at least a whole day of normal usage if you get no crashes then you move to the next level,which should include calls that last more then 5min(just example) so you know its fully functional

Q6-If I OC the phone and it somehow burns out, will insurance cover it (assuming you just tell them it died by itself, not admitting you OCed it to hell)
im sure it will, in my case i just go to the nearest sprint store and get new phones right away or wait a couple of days while they mail me a new one, i know that my sprint store will cover so...LET IT BURN ! I WANT MORE POWER!

I hope i helped with the questions you had

BTW my sprint tp2 is perfectly stable at 768Mhz currently running Mr.X Titanium rom, i never crash or feel the phone getting hot,battery performance has not been affected in a notable way. I'm happy but as soon as i flash a new rom ill try for more speed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

Thanks for taking the time to answer all that Based on that I'm gonna give it a shot, let y'all know the results.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b

To boot into android while overclocked,

get the dualboot cab or set a longer time to wait after booting into WinMo before SetCPUSpeed do it things

Last edited by bitslizer; 09-01-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

joeadamo is just getting started

You got my thanks! Thanks for your efforts.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:40 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

This seems way over complicated.
Another post has alternate directs that I have been using for weeks without problems:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeadamo View Post
You got my thanks! Thanks for your efforts.
Thank you for reading my overly complicated and impossible to follow guide
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I found the guide dead simple and was done in 5 minutes. It wouldn't surprise if "easier guides" just overlook/leave out important stuff like setting it up to boot automatically or making the necessary registry changes.

Thanks again for this guide. I'm at about 20 hours without a hitch. Good stuff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
guide, overclock, performance, tips, tweaks