PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How do you get the TP2 to shut off and not turn back on (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132656)

doggiedog 08-30-2010 07:13 PM

How do you get the TP2 to shut off and not turn back on

when you press the power button?

It is really annoying when I think I turned it off only to have found out when I pull my phone out of my pocket that it turned itself back on and called a bunch of people and sent out a bunch of emails. All from bouncing around my pocket.

Beside the lock function, which I seem to have to navigate through a ton of screens to get to, is there any way to get the phone to just shut off and only turn back on when I press the power button?

Sorry if this has been answered already but I've gone through a bunch of threads and it'll take me forever to dig through all the information.

Edit: By Shut Off I don't mean shut down. Just turn off and turn back on without a reboot.

gmfeny 08-30-2010 07:21 PM

Re: How do you get the TP2 to shut off and not turn back on

why dont u install lockdevice 1.6 and it will lock the phone everytime the screen turns off. and all you have to do is slide to unlock

ooxteme 08-30-2010 07:22 PM

try S2U2 i love it

michaelvanle 08-30-2010 07:45 PM

lockdevice is a great app. i installed it a while back and it was exactly what i wanted. it locks the phone whenever i turn off the screen. and it locks when i try to turn it back on.

doggiedog 08-30-2010 08:19 PM

Thanks for the suggestions!

I will try them out.

doggiedog 08-30-2010 08:37 PM

Wow!

Lockdevice just trashed my phone. Everything is slow and if I turn the phone off, it doesn't turn back on unless I do a soft reset. Rebooting takes forever now. I can't seem to uninstall it properly. It did something bad to my phone.

ooxteme 08-30-2010 08:39 PM

s2u2 works like a dream...

creedo 08-30-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggiedog (Post 1929374)
Wow!

Lockdevice just trashed my phone. Everything is slow and if I turn the phone off, it doesn't turn back on unless I do a soft reset. Rebooting takes forever now. I can't seem to uninstall it properly. It did something bad to my phone.

that sucks. try getting the full version of sktools. I think the uninstaller in that program is more complete than the usual windows one.

also I dunno what you usually do but my phone keys you just do start --> lock.

doggiedog 08-30-2010 09:32 PM

I got S2U2 to work.

I had it on my old HTC Touch and it worked great. Looks like the pretty much the same good program.

Thanks everyone!

boredandtattooed 08-30-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedo (Post 1929407)
that sucks. try getting the full version of sktools. I think the uninstaller in that program is more complete than the usual windows one.

also I dunno what you usually do but my phone keys you just do start --> lock.

"try getting"??? i hope you mean buying because the FULL version is not free..