PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6875 TP2, 6800 Titan
Carrier: Cellcom

drexful is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Warranty - What is your suggestion?

The boot partition on my phone is corrupt and I want to get it fixed. I plan on calling HTC (PCD) tomorrow to find out if I can get it fixed under warranty. Has anyone had good luck with the warranty repair service? Did you get your original phone back or did they send a refurb? What did you tell them to get the phone fixed?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: HTC Warranty - What is your suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexful View Post
The boot partition on my phone is corrupt and I want to get it fixed. I plan on calling HTC (PCD) tomorrow to find out if I can get it fixed under warranty. Has anyone had good luck with the warranty repair service? Did you get your original phone back or did they send a refurb? What did you tell them to get the phone fixed?

Thanks!
dealing with HTC is not a pleasant experience.. you ship them the device-all costs to you of course.. they keep it a few weeks and usually send you your same device back and say it works fine..

call me a moron but i dont even understand whats wrong with your phone.. whats going to be your reason why the "boot parition" went in the first place.. Id also hope you dont have a custom rom on it when you ship it to them.. thatll get your phone shipped right back with nothing done to it..

as far as "what did you tell them to get the phone fixed", ummm how bout whats wrong with it lol.. a few of Us(hehe) might tell people from time to time how to make certain things happen, but most of Us around here dont "just make issues up" that arent there... theres no point, unless your device is a brick(doesnt even power on) there going to see anything that Is or Isnt wrong with it, so lying about whats going on could just cost you 100s of dollars later..

In the end, find a way NOT to have to deal with HTC directly
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: HTC Warranty - What is your suggestion?

If one was predisposed to believe all conspiracy theories, one may think that HTC is intentionally making consumers' lives hard as prompted by the carriers who are therefore able to push their own service contracts.

I would first try a couple of dozen times to get the issue resolved through your carrier, if you are at all able to that is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2