PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Lurker

bcollier is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Hi all. New to the tp2 threads. I'm recommending the tp2 to a non tech friend @ t-mo. She wants a slider so no HD2 for her. I've searched around here & need some help. Are there any serious issues with the upgrade to 6.5 (she's keeping the phone stock)? Also, same question with regard to the mr1 & mr2 updates. Perhaps some links to a few helpful threads? This place is huge!
Thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Upgrade / update issues?

The one thing that she may miss on the 6.5 rom is the task manager, but there are tons of options..

There are a ton of things that you can do to the stock rom to make it run smoother, check out the thread in my sig. works for all the stock 6.5 roms
Old 08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I can't see what carrier you're on, but if your friend is gonna be on T-Mo, keep in mind that's a GSM device, and many of the ROM's, etc here won't work, as many are for CDMA, not GSM. You will need to specifically look in the GSM update/rom's forum. And isn't the MR2 update for VZW? If so, that's not gonna work on the T-Mo TP2.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i thought MR was for VZW only too...

I honestly ran sprints 6.5 for the longest time.. it was the Most stable by far.. the minute i switched to custom 6.5 roms same old problems existed.. and i cant seem to leave my phone alone now for even a whole day without feeling like something needs to be fixed still...

the only thing i can think of off hand that your friend may not want to do is CHT 1.8.5.. it does slow things down on some devices, depends on your setup i suppose... but older versions of CHT are still good.. like CHT 1.7.1 instead maybe..

just my observations
Old 08-31-2010, 04:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If speed is a factor, you should consider flashing a Sense 2.1 ROM. Mighty Sense 2.1 Final ROM is so far the best I've used. Just my $0.02

Incase you need the link:
http://www.lilrico.com/MightyROM/Tou...umW_021010.exe

Make sure you install HSPL on first.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bcollier is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Thanks for the quick & helpful response neudof. Great thread too. And yeah gang, MR1 & 2 are Verizon. So the upgrade to 6.5 is it then on T-Mobile, nothing else official, right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2