PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to hard reset WITHOUT going to settings

OK I have a TP2 with the stock 6.5 sprint rom.

I installed a few cabs google etc.. I also install some cabs to get rid of things on the main screen (transparency etc..)

It was running fine all night NOW if I try to use the slider along the bottom to goto different screens I get a BLACK SCREEN in the middle (top and bottom are fine just the center)

It will not load anything. Hitting home nothing its FUBAR

I can press the green key and the phone will come up. I can put it to sleep way it up but once I get that black screen thats it.

NOW if I swipe the screen I can make it through all the screens EXCEPT the last one settings. Black screen.

if I tap start and goto settings it does nothing.

I can bring up any other program when I soft reset it DOES load properly but as soon as I change screens BLACK screen again.

I can not even figure out how to HARD RESET so I can figure out which cab bit me since i need to get to SETTINGS to even try a hard reset and I can not get to settings.

Is their anyway to load the remove programs function so I can uninstall cabs and see what happens ?

OR how do I do a hard reset when I can not get to settings? is there a physical button combination (such as hold this down while you press reset) that will hard reset the device?

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57JcH_kUd5w
Old 08-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: How to hard reset WITHOUT going to settings

gosh dag naggit. this always happens. I left this post without clicking post for almost an HOUR looking for the solution myself and would you know it 10 seconds after I post it I FOUND the stinking solution.

while phone is off press and hold talk and end and press power all at same time till prompted. GRRRR

It always works that way. I think from now on I should just POST and then I will find the answer 10 seconds later hehe

would still be nice if you guys can tell me what I might have done to cause the issue.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:40 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

remove battery. replace battery. hold down end + send then press power. follow promts om the screen to hard reset.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Something like that happened to me once i attributed it to a bad flash i just reflashed my rom and it was perfect.

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2