PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Headphone Icon's Sometimes Stuck In Taskbar

Im kind of hesitant to call verizon and have them swap out my tp2 since i got mines brand new i dont really want a refurb replaement whats the likelyhood of them giving me a brand new tp2 or even having them in stock?

i tested the headphone jack after it got stuck 20 times just plugging in a auxillary cable in and after about 30 tries the headphone ion only got stuck one time has anyone else had this issue? should i call it in and have them swap it out or is this a common issue?

Last edited by deadwrong03; 12-21-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Headphone Icon's Sometimes Stuck In Taskbar

Its happened to me before. Sometimes it thinks the headphonesare still plugged in. You might need to plug and unplug your headphones to get it back to normal or a soft reset is needed.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

so is it a hardware issue or rom/software issue?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID X, HTC Thunderbolt

crazed_z06 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
Its happened to me before. Sometimes it thinks the headphonesare still plugged in. You might need to plug and unplug your headphones to get it back to normal or a soft reset is needed.
Happened to me once.. Plugged it back into the aux cable and unplugged it and it fixed itself.. probably a bug in something
Old 12-22-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: Headphone Icon's Sometimes Stuck In Taskbar

I have the same issue. I did a had reset and straight from the reset with nothing installed I am having the same issues...the icon will pop up, then go away..i have tried plugging and unplugging and nothing will help. Looks as though its a hardware issue and will need replacement.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are you guys using bluetooth? I get a headphones icon when my bluetooth connects with the stereo profile...
Old 12-22-2009, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I was using an auxillary cable it had my headphone stuck for roughly 20 mins i jus reinserted it a few times till the icon got stuck. I believe its a hardware issue because when i would insert the aux cable my voice command program would launch

not having these isssues anymore im runnin mighty rom 12-6 build but im thinkin its a hardware issue
Old 12-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Well with the headphones icon still there canyou make phone calls? Does your speaker/ear piece still work?

I'm on Juicy R6 and I tried to reproduce the problem but it wouldnt happen. It could be a software issue.
I've had other issues (with custom roms) where if you had the headphones plugged in and you soft reset the phone, it would no longer play any sound from the head phone...I would have to unplug and soft reset again.

Last edited by DarkManX4lf; 12-22-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

groelzj is a n00b

Mine happened when I unplugged the usb charger at roughly the same time as the audio jack. I plugged it back into the usb and then pulled out the headphones and it went away. This is the first time it's happened to me, but I hope that helps someone.

Jon
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work

Its definitely an hardware issue. I had my TP2 with Sprint replaced because of it. I took it in to a repair shop and they said its non fixable so they got me a brand new one! Hope you get the same treatment with verizon! But yea take it in cuz it will only get worse. I couldn't even get it out of headphone mode and couldn't hear squat.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2