PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: metro pcs

tjgp360 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hardware change!!

Ok so my touch pro 2 screen sudenly stopped responding.., yea i know i have to replace it, but what i am really wondering is can i add the front facing camera? this isnt just some wild dream that i fantasize about, im serious... from what i read the Front and rear cameras just snap in and out of its socket, thats a good thing BUT i havent been able to get pictures to actually make sure if the front vga socket is even there on the world phone version.........THIS is what im trying to get at: I know US carriers dont have the front facing camera but does the front facing socket still remain hidden under the digitizer?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

The Guy 34 is a n00b
Re: Hardware change!!

i would like to know the same thing
Old 01-16-2011, 07:44 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

no.. there was someone awhile ago using a TOP half with FFC and a sprint(maybe) bottom half.. his worked for him and everything.. but he could get the cam to initiate... he was on here looking for help, it never happened if i recall correctly
Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

It's there but since the front camera(like the fm radio) is enabled within the spl it's not gonna work unless you can hack it somehow then load that to your device. I don't think it's worth it and I guess those that might know how to do it don't think so either.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

seems like alot of work for a 1.3 mega pixel camera!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Not worth the work. If it is important I would say try a new phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2