PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Old Versions of Internet Browsers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132548)

JustLok 08-28-2010 10:45 PM

Old Versions of Internet Browsers

Rather than looking for the newest versions, I'm inquiring about the oldest versions of Internet browsers out there for Winmo 6.x phones, specifically Internet Explorer.

Reason why I'm asking is because I recently installed cameras around my house, and the equipment allows for remote monitoring via phone to a website that has a feed. However, the IE browser on my Mr. X Rom won't display it (checked all the settings, it works with the PC, just not the mobile) and I'm wondering if it's because the browser is probably too new and won't support this older firmware or whatnot.

In any case, been scouring the Interwebs to no avail, everyone asks about the newest stuff... where's the old versions? :scratch:

Thanks in advance for any help!

razorloves 08-28-2010 11:10 PM

Re: Old Versions of Internet Browsers

what video format is the feed in? what error does it get? you probably need tcpmp or coreplayer. have you tried opera or skyfire.

mwalt2 08-28-2010 11:42 PM

I would try skyfire. It's not always the fastest, but usually works with streaming video since everything gets fed to skyfires servers and then they send it to your phone (if I'm remembering right...).

JustLok 08-30-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1927541)
what video format is the feed in? what error does it get? you probably need tcpmp or coreplayer. have you tried opera or skyfire.

The manual says that it has H.264 compression. It's not really an error, more like it's missing a plugin that allows it to work. I can get the plugin installed with IE (regular, not 64bit) on the pc, but on the phone's browser the plugin won't install/doesn't display an option to be installed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1927578)
I would try skyfire. It's not always the fastest, but usually works with streaming video since everything gets fed to skyfires servers and then they send it to your phone (if I'm remembering right...).

I have 4 different browsers (opera 9 with Mr.X, opera 10 mini, skyfire, and regular IE) to which none of them work, I thought skyfire would've too since it plays flash and whatever else plugin usually needed for media streaming, but with that, it just shows me an icon of a jigsaw piece and says "download plugin" and when I click on it, it doesn't register at all.

I figured that since it works only with IE on the pc, it would work only with IE on the phone. No such luck, which made me wonder if it only works with an older browser that's more bare bones or whatnot.

boredandtattooed 08-30-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustLok (Post 1929484)
The manual says that it has H.264 compression. It's not really an error, more like it's missing a plugin that allows it to work. I can get the plugin installed with IE (regular, not 64bit) on the pc, but on the phone's browser the plugin won't install/doesn't display an option to be installed.

I have 4 different browsers (opera 9 with Mr.X, opera 10 mini, skyfire, and regular IE) to which none of them work, I thought skyfire would've too since it plays flash and whatever else plugin usually needed for media streaming, but with that, it just shows me an icon of a jigsaw piece and says "download plugin" and when I click on it, it doesn't register at all.

I figured that since it works only with IE on the pc, it would work only with IE on the phone. No such luck, which made me wonder if it only works with an older browser that's more bare bones or whatnot.

IP Cameras, gotta love em! well I dont think an Older version is your answer here.. youll obviously need flash to stream-thats just a given.. ERIC1234- a user youll find in alot of posts around uses a 6.1 rom that he swears by the IE in it because it has flash embedded..even does desktop youtube...

id scower the threads(usually any threads about Rom performance you can find him posting in) and ask him to pull out the IE in there for you and see if that works...

ALSO "Theres an APP for That" lol sorry ATT/iPhone.. but yeah ViewCommander-Mobile Professional v4.23 R1 is an app for IP Cameras... find your cam in the list and stream away without using a website.. might be worth checking into

razorloves 08-30-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1929500)
IP Cameras, gotta love em! well I dont think an Older version is your answer here.. youll obviously need flash to stream-thats just a given.. ERIC1234- a user youll find in alot of posts around uses a 6.1 rom that he swears by the IE in it because it has flash embedded..even does desktop youtube...

id scower the threads(usually any threads about Rom performance you can find him posting in) and ask him to pull out the IE in there for you and see if that works...

ALSO "Theres an APP for That" lol sorry ATT/iPhone.. but yeah ViewCommander-Mobile Professional v4.23 R1 is an app for IP Cameras... find your cam in the list and stream away without using a website.. might be worth checking into

hey bored, what good is flash support gonna do for h.264 encoded video stream? I'm pretty sure he needs tcpmp or coreplayer. That's why i mentioned it above.

boredandtattooed 08-30-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1929524)
hey bored, what good is flash support gonna do for h.264 encoded video stream? I'm pretty sure he needs tcpmp or coreplayer. That's why i mentioned it above.

hmmmm, you could be right..i even read that in his posts to, just went right through me i suppose...

well if hes trying to do it and it tells him download codec, your right, sounds like its trying to run it through WMP.. youd think ALBUM would try to run it over WMP though since Album supports H.264.. HTC/MS/Whoever need to make WMP and Album just a bit customizable-adding which file ext and such..

so yeah, i guess your probably right afterall.. and obviously OP should try TCPMP forst since its free lol

JustLok 08-31-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1929500)

Thanks for the lead, I'm definitely going to give that app a try. Hopefully it'll work. This is slowly becoming a PITA, haha.

Apparently this thing uses ActiveX as a plugin to stream or broadcast the feed.

Here's a link to the product (if it helps any): http://www.security-camera-warehouse...7704ht-USB.php

JustLok 09-03-2010 12:45 PM

As I mentioned before, it uses an ActiveX plugin to display a GUI, so I'm not sure that it's actually streaming any video to the browser, per se.

When I open up IE on my phone, no pop-up is shown asking to download the ActiveX plugin for it. It just shows the standard white box with a circle, box and triangle to indicate a missing plugin. ActiveX is enabled and everything seems fine in the settings to allow it.

Is anyone familiar with this type of CCTV use? Or know if it is even possible to use one of the streaming programs to access the video feed? I have the web address used to resolve the IP for web browsers, just not sure if a streaming program would display the feed as it's four cameras hooked up.

The ActiveX on my desktop allows individual or four simultaneous feed on screen at once (same as on DVR itself). That is why I'm wondering if it'll work with such a program as I didn't see my DVR listed with View Commander.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it!

horndoctor 09-03-2010 02:08 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustLok
As I mentioned before, it uses an ActiveX plugin to display a GUI, so I'm not sure that it's actually streaming any video to the browser, per se.

When I open up IE on my phone, no pop-up is shown asking to download the ActiveX plugin for it. It just shows the standard white box with a circle, box and triangle to indicate a missing plugin. ActiveX is enabled and everything seems fine in the settings to allow it.

Is anyone familiar with this type of CCTV use? Or know if it is even possible to use one of the streaming programs to access the video feed? I have the web address used to resolve the IP for web browsers, just not sure if a streaming program would display the feed as it's four cameras hooked up.

The ActiveX on my desktop allows individual or four simultaneous feed on screen at once (same as on DVR itself). That is why I'm wondering if it'll work with such a program as I didn't see my DVR listed with View Commander.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it!

Maybe try Skyfire browser and point it to that address? :dontknow: