PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6875 TP2, 6800 Titan
Carrier: Cellcom

drexful is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone is stuck at boot screen and keeps rebooting

I restored a backup to my phone using QPST and now it is constantly rebooting. I see the black TP2 screen and that's it. The phone keeps rebooting and doesn't even show the ROM versions. I tried a hard reset and it didn't help. I also tried reflashing it with a stock ROM and it didn't help. My phone is unlocked with HardSPL and I can connect to it via USB, however, I do not see it in QPST. Only the RUU works. Can someone help me restore this thing or am I left with a brick?

Thanks!

Last edited by drexful; 08-30-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Phone won't go past black boot screen and keeps rebooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexful View Post
I restored a backup to my phone using QPST and now it is constantly rebooting. I see the black TP2 screen and that's it. The phone keeps rebooting and doesn't even show the ROM versions. I tried a hard reset and it didn't help. I also tried reflashing it with a stock ROM and it didn't help. My phone is unlocked with HardSPL and I can connect to it via USB, however, I do not see it in QPST. Only the RUU works. Can someone help me restore this thing or am I left with a brick?

Thanks!
you dont have a shipped rom, do you? you only have the one you extracted from the phone, right? try flashing a radio.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drexful is a n00b

I flashed the radio without any luck. I also have a stock USCC ROM which I flashed as well. Still not working, though.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexful View Post
I flashed the radio without any luck. I also have a stock USCC ROM which I flashed as well. Still not working, though.
sounds f'ed. did you try pullin the battery for a few minutes?
also try task29. try other stock roms. try relocking it.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-28-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drexful is a n00b

Ok. I relocked the phone and put the stock USCC rom on it.. Still won't boot past flash screen. I also searched for a task29 and tried several. None of them were able to flash to 100%. I also tried unlocking the phone again with hardspl.. No luck. I am having a really bad day.. I'd pay someone to fix this thing. Any takers?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

do you know how to use mtty? worth a shot. otherwise, just get a free waranty replacement
Old 08-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

drexful is a n00b

Unfortunately, the phone is not under warranty since I bought it used. I downloaded mtty 1.42 and connected to the phone successfully. I typed task 29 and it said the blocks failed to erase..

Code:
Cmd>task 29
Format BINFS start
CE start start block=384, total block=3712
ERASE block 804 FAIL !!!
ERASE block 1453 FAIL !!!
ERASE block 2148 FAIL !!!
Write 0xFF start page=0x6000, total page=0x3A000
Format BINFS end

Cmd>
Is this because the SPL has been locked again? I cannot unlock the spl via a normal flash in bootloader.

Last edited by drexful; 08-28-2010 at 10:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2