PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Phone is stuck at boot screen and keeps rebooting (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132517)

drexful 08-28-2010 03:07 PM

Phone is stuck at boot screen and keeps rebooting

I restored a backup to my phone using QPST and now it is constantly rebooting. I see the black TP2 screen and that's it. The phone keeps rebooting and doesn't even show the ROM versions. I tried a hard reset and it didn't help. I also tried reflashing it with a stock ROM and it didn't help. My phone is unlocked with HardSPL and I can connect to it via USB, however, I do not see it in QPST. Only the RUU works. Can someone help me restore this thing or am I left with a brick?

Thanks!

razorloves 08-28-2010 04:12 PM

Re: Phone won't go past black boot screen and keeps rebooting

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexful (Post 1927112)
I restored a backup to my phone using QPST and now it is constantly rebooting. I see the black TP2 screen and that's it. The phone keeps rebooting and doesn't even show the ROM versions. I tried a hard reset and it didn't help. I also tried reflashing it with a stock ROM and it didn't help. My phone is unlocked with HardSPL and I can connect to it via USB, however, I do not see it in QPST. Only the RUU works. Can someone help me restore this thing or am I left with a brick?

Thanks!

you dont have a shipped rom, do you? you only have the one you extracted from the phone, right? try flashing a radio.

drexful 08-28-2010 05:24 PM

I flashed the radio without any luck. I also have a stock USCC ROM which I flashed as well. Still not working, though.

razorloves 08-28-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexful (Post 1927221)
I flashed the radio without any luck. I also have a stock USCC ROM which I flashed as well. Still not working, though.

sounds f'ed. did you try pullin the battery for a few minutes?
also try task29. try other stock roms. try relocking it.

drexful 08-28-2010 07:43 PM

Ok. I relocked the phone and put the stock USCC rom on it.. Still won't boot past flash screen. I also searched for a task29 and tried several. None of them were able to flash to 100%. I also tried unlocking the phone again with hardspl.. No luck. I am having a really bad day.. I'd pay someone to fix this thing. Any takers?

razorloves 08-28-2010 09:49 PM

do you know how to use mtty? worth a shot. otherwise, just get a free waranty replacement

drexful 08-28-2010 10:44 PM

Unfortunately, the phone is not under warranty since I bought it used. I downloaded mtty 1.42 and connected to the phone successfully. I typed task 29 and it said the blocks failed to erase..

Code:

Cmd>task 29
Format BINFS start
CE start start block=384, total block=3712
ERASE block 804 FAIL !!!
ERASE block 1453 FAIL !!!
ERASE block 2148 FAIL !!!
Write 0xFF start page=0x6000, total page=0x3A000
Format BINFS end

Cmd>

Is this because the SPL has been locked again? I cannot unlock the spl via a normal flash in bootloader.