PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LOUD and COMFORTABLE BT Earpiece?

What you are looking for is the Voyager Pro from Plantronics...its what I use and works great.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Check out the Blueant T1. Here's an Amazon link with some reviews

http://www.amazon.com/BlueAnt-T1-Rug.../dp/B003R2P9CW

It also supports audiostreaming.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I'm digging the BlueAnt T1. It may have to replace my Jawbone II. I hate that damn Jawbone!

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 08-27-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Carrier: Verizon

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

And as always, I vote for the Plantronics Voyager 855 (my 'tooth of choice). I posted pictures and specs in another BT thread a few months back...

Light-weight
sound-isolating earpiece
Stereo/mono by adding/removing 2nd earpiece
Noise-canceling

Only on rare occasions do i get any "echo". It has to be when I am talking to another bluetooth user (perhaps their device is causing the problem).
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)

Last edited by Tybalt39; 08-27-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

My choice is the Jawbone Icon with a jabra eargel fitted over it (with one of the Icon's round buds under it, or it won't stay on). The Icon is hands down the best headset I've ever used; the eargel makes it tolerable for me and funnels the sound right into your ear. It's lame that you have to buy the eargels separately, but they do help since I couldn't get a good fit with any of the Icon's accessories. You can also get a custom fit eargel from some company (I can't recall the name right now but it'll come up in a web search), but they cost as much as the headset ($80).
Old 08-28-2010, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TWO515TY is just getting started

Voyager Pro is a great headset, but I find it's not loud enough. It's just loud enough, but there have been situations where it hasn't been loud enough for me.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have the G5 as well. While I DO like it I am not fully impressed with it.

it has comfort issues (the tail hurts my ear and I have BIG ears so its not too tight) and its not very good quality (but not bad) or very loud (but again not bad).

Then again that was with my 8330 I have not yet tried it with my TP2 I will try it today and report back.

The best QUALITY headset I have ever used was the PS3 BT Headset. alas no way to make it "stick" in your ear (its a "bud") and oddly NOT very loud at all.

Disappointingly quiet actually. I was expecting it to be LOUD being a gaming headset.

it is VERY good in quality though and battery life is insane. It is VERY comfortable though (not comfortable at all if you lose that ear piece rubber though!!!)
Old 08-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

so what is recommended as a LOUD and COMFORTABLE ear piece?? I have tried about 10 over the last few years and they either hut my ear, are not loud or have static.... Is tjr jawbone ICON with a custom earpiece the way to go?? the ear pieces come form http://www.averysound.com/as.jawboneicon.html
Old 08-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Thanks for finding that link, I couldn't remember the name of the company offhand. I would skip the Avery sound ones if the eargels will do. You can get the eargels for $10 shipped off amazon and it's worth trying them before you shell out $80 for the custom one, unless money is no object.

In which case try both and let us know if the Avery ones are really that amazing...I'm curious.

The important thing about the eargels with the icon is that they say to put the small plain jawbone ring on first. I tried that but since I use the large eargel, I ended up using the large jawbone ring and it holds the eargel very snug, allowing the sensor to rest comfortably on your face. It takes a bit of time to figure it all out the first time you put it together, but so far it seems to stay put really well. Some people say the eargels don't work at all; I think they may be forgetting that you have to put one of the jawbone rings on first, or the eargel has nothing to grab on to.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Can you send me a link to which eargels you are referring to? I might alreayd have them? Also is this ear piece we are talking about LOUD? I have had several units and they claim to be LOUD but they arent. I actually have to push the ear piece closer to my ear so that its loud enough...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2