\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I need help :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132371)

stewieqc 08-26-2010 06:54 PM

I need help :(

Hey guys, ok heres my dilemma. I have a Telus Rhod500 with Mightyrom WM6.5.5 FF and my phone is secutiry unlocked and all, but for some reason when I tried to flash a new radio on my phone it got stuck on the tricolour screen. it says some error message behind a bunch of numbers, the only things I can make out are "Code error, please try again"

I've had this problem before and I have been able to just reinstall a rom back on the phone and it would just fix itself, but im stupid, and its been a long time since the last time this happened to me, but I cant seem to get a "connection" to my phone from my computer, so I cant run a RUU. Uhhhh, what am I doing wrong?

undarated 08-26-2010 07:26 PM

Re: I need help :(

stewie, what i normally do i put the phone into bootloader (tri colored screen) before flashing a rom. if you downloaded and are flashing thru usb, just see if it says serial on the bottom before you plug it in.

if so go ahead and plug it into usb and see if it switched to usb on the bottom of the screen. If so go ahead and flash the device. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
But i think this post is in the wrong section......

kcwebmonkey 08-26-2010 07:32 PM

you need to power up in bootloader mode.

make sure phone is not connected to pc, hold the vol down button and press the power button, this will enter bootloader mode. now connect to pc and install your favorite rom package...

stewieqc 08-26-2010 07:53 PM

Probly WAS in the wrong section, but none te less.. I had to unplug my USB cable. take out the battery for about 2-3 minutes, and put it back it, let the bootloader load, and then I just plugged it in and it worked.. :)

But would you guys know why Im having so much trouble installing radios on my phone? Everytime I try to install a aradio I have to reinstall a rom afterward cuz it kills the rom image which in turn makes me lose the radio im trying to install..(phone is secutiry unlocked, sim unlocked, and flashed.):\

Thanks alot guys!!

rstoyguy 08-26-2010 09:10 PM

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

machineking369 08-27-2010 12:02 AM

Put the phone in boot loader mode (Hold down the volume down and power button) and try re-flashing your carriers stock rom.

docnas 08-27-2010 12:39 AM

or u can try to flash from ur SD card

horndoctor 08-27-2010 02:22 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Flash the shipped rom or the different radio first then flash the custom rom.

stewieqc 08-27-2010 01:31 PM

Got it!!! Thanks! :)