PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PLEASE help. I have tried a million cabs to fix picture mail.

I flashed mightyrom and customized the crap out of it. REALLY don't want to hard reset or flash a new rom. For some dumb reason it's missing picture mail. Google says lots of people have this issue, but they eventually get it straightened out. Not me. I've tried all of these with no luck:

Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab
Sprint ArcSoft Threaded MMS 5.2.12.45.cab
Flyers2114TweaksSprint_5_0_94_128c.cab
Arcsoft_MMS_5_2_6_45U.cab
PictureMail_0.2.2.3.CAB
WinPM.CAB
MMS Fix (M2.5) (General) (Valkyrie).cab

I never got the usual sprint TP2 6.5 picture message interface. In pocket outlook, either the menu option to attach anything was grayed out, or when I clicked it, nothing came up... no file browser, etc.

The Valkyrie cab was the most promising. Before, texts seemed to be integrated into pocket outlook. This cab had a different UI (see pic) that looked similar to the sense texting tab. I attached my file, and I was also able to get into the options and set the MMS server-related options. Filled them in carefully and fully. The message TRIES to send (I get an icon in the notification area saying it's sending) but then it comes back with an error. No details given.

I tried this promising post and deleted files and registry entries. I uninstalled every arcsoft or similar cab (including that valkyrie cab). Then I installed the suggested file (Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab), changed the registry entry, and then... where it says to go to options, I'm hitting a wall because I'm not getting the options page I'm supposed to. I'm still seeing the Valkyrie cab interface. I guess it didn't uninstall even with SKtools. On top of that, I'm getting a weird popup (see pic) when I try to send. I click either option and nothing happens. So it's almost worse than before.

Any ideas (don't say hard reset/new rom)?

Last edited by creedo; 08-28-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Re: PLEASE help. I have tried a million cabs to fix picture mail.

Thanks for all the help guys, lol </sarcasm>. Well anyway, I kept grinding away at it and finally the right combination of cabs seems to have me going.

Attempted to wipe out all old cabs and reg entries and windows files, anything that said picturemail, anything that said arcsoft, anything that said mms. I say attempted because when I got up and running again, old messages were brought back that I was sure I must have fully erased.

If anyone else has this issue, try these cabs in this order:
1. Arcsoft_MMS_5_2_6_45U.cab (after this, picture messages still grayed out)
2. Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab (familiar picture message UI, picture options became available, along with server settings. Changed sending method from "internet" to "sprint". Still didn't receive test pix to myself)
3. Now soft reset even though it didn't ask.

After the reset, my pix came through, along with older tests from previous failed attempts.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

ugabuga is just getting started

I have this exact issue right now and like you have spend hours and a million different cabs! I'll try your steps... can you post the cabs you used to get this working. Thx

Last edited by ugabuga; 08-29-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Well all you need to do in the future is flash your rom of choice, provision and then install Arc cab to device and soft reset....boom....viola works every time....btw way on MMrom no need for workarounds at all...he and most other cooks have disabled the htc messenger....that is what most of those work a rounds are for.....my cab has been used on many roms by me and works every time...I know Darren is a flashaholic and tries like every rom and uses my cab every time also.....no issues....flash, provision and install to device....soft rest...done.........
Old 08-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

did you provision?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

ugabuga is just getting started

Yep provisioned, reinstalled, installed countless cabs. I can send but not receive. I think i am going to call Sprint.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
Yep provisioned, reinstalled, installed countless cabs. I can send but not receive. I think i am going to call Sprint.
There not going to help you with issues on a custom rom.......

Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Well all you need to do in the future is flash your rom of choice, provision and then install Arc cab to device and soft reset....boom....viola works every time....btw way on MMrom no need for workarounds at all...he and most other cooks have disabled the htc messenger....that is what most of those work a rounds are for.....my cab has been used on many roms by me and works every time...I know Darren is a flashaholic and tries like every rom and uses my cab every time also.....no issues....flash, provision and install to device....soft rest...done.........
Not really a flashaholic but I have been using Flyers MMS cab for a long time now and have not had any problems. its the only one I use.
Good luck man. i would definately try just using one cab from a fresh flash or hard reset and giving that a try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I guess I can understand removing htc's messaging program if it's some huge memory hog, but I can't tell the difference between what I'm using now and whatever HTC had. I liked HTC's messaging. And now it's back, or something 100% identical. Are we sure they're not the same thing?

As for provisioning, I did do that but I didn't do it RIGHT off the bat. But I did do it. I went a few days and installed other stuff first. Dunno if that's why I had so much difficulty.

The two cabs are attached, uga.

Again, these were my steps:
1. Uninstall any cabs you already installed to fix this, anything that says arcsoft or picturemail. I think uninstall using SKtools will give you a more complete uninstall than the usual uninstall method.

2. Use a registry editor and search for the arcsoft key/folder and just delete it. Also do a search through the entire registry for arcsoft or picturemail and delete keys related to those. I also searched for "mms" and used my best judgment to delete keys related to that. Deleting stuff in the registry is tricky, if you're used to it then you get a sense of what's safe to delete and what might screw you later on. So be careful. Start with the stuff mentioned in this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57848

3. There are 2 or 3 picturemail files in the windows folder. I didn't scan the entire device for files, just deleted the ones in the windows folder.

4. Once you feel you've deleted as much as you can, install Arcsoft_MMS_5_2_6_45U.cab, soft reset, install Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab, soft reset again, and you should be ok. I hope. Test messages to myself DID work so you can try that. Make sure it's a small picture so there's no chance of running into the sending limit. Also a setting got changed and my message notifications got turned off (probably from my delete-spree). If it seems like you aren't getting anything or seeing icons in the notification area... check your settings and turn text/mms notifications back on.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
I flashed mightyrom and customized the crap out of it. REALLY don't want to hard reset or flash a new rom. For some dumb reason it's missing picture mail. Google says lots of people have this issue, but they eventually get it straightened out. Not me. I've tried all of these with no luck:

Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab
Sprint ArcSoft Threaded MMS 5.2.12.45.cab
Flyers2114TweaksSprint_5_0_94_128c.cab
Arcsoft_MMS_5_2_6_45U.cab
PictureMail_0.2.2.3.CAB
WinPM.CAB
MMS Fix (M2.5) (General) (Valkyrie).cab

I never got the usual sprint TP2 6.5 picture message interface. In pocket outlook, either the menu option to attach anything was grayed out, or when I clicked it, nothing came up... no file browser, etc.

The Valkyrie cab was the most promising. Before, texts seemed to be integrated into pocket outlook. This cab had a different UI (see pic) that looked similar to the sense texting tab. I attached my file, and I was also able to get into the options and set the MMS server-related options. Filled them in carefully and fully. The message TRIES to send (I get an icon in the notification area saying it's sending) but then it comes back with an error. No details given.

I tried this promising post and deleted files and registry entries. I uninstalled every arcsoft or similar cab (including that valkyrie cab). Then I installed the suggested file (Arcsoft Sprint MMS 5.0.69.44.cab), changed the registry entry, and then... where it says to go to options, I'm hitting a wall because I'm not getting the options page I'm supposed to. I'm still seeing the Valkyrie cab interface. I guess it didn't uninstall even with SKtools. On top of that, I'm getting a weird popup (see pic) when I try to send. I click either option and nothing happens. So it's almost worse than before.

Any ideas (don't say hard reset/new rom)?
As far as the sarcasm with people not offering to help, my recommendations would have been HR, provision and load Flyers cab, I've used it for every ROM I flash and I flash many, as I know Flyers and Darren do also and I'm not sure there's a rom around that Darren hasn't flashed, and Flyers cab works on 'em. So sorry about not taking to time to post a cab you said you've tried or offering a recommendation that you didn't want (HR), especially when you're trying to get something working that the chef specifically removed. Glad you got it working, and sometimes the hard work and time you put in trying different things helps you learn more about what you're actually doing and why things work the way they do (said without any sarcasm, in all seriousness, sometimes figuring things out yourself help you more).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
arcsoft, attach, grayed out, mms, picturemail