PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CleanRAM and 6.5.x ROMs

I have CleanRAM installed on my device even though i can't get it to work...this was always a must have program for me until i upgraded to 6.5.x/23xxx ROMs. Now whenever I run the program, it freezes the Taskbar and I can't open up the start menu. I can tell the taskbar freezes because the time and battery reading does not change after running CleanRAM, and after s2u2 locks the device, the taskbar is still visible over the lockscreen top curtain. Basically the only thing i can do is navigate sense (slide tabs, go up and down on the home screen) but if i switch it to landscape have of the screen cuts off...I set it up to reload sense and that works fine, and it is also set to close all programs and then afterwards launch startup programs which seems to work as well. I just can't seem to determine where this bug is coming from. This has happened for me on both MightyROM Full Force (comes with a version of Android Taskbar) and Energy Standard Reference (Stock taskbar and also tried with another Android Taskbar installed).

Is anyone else seeing this issue? Is there another program like it that is compatible with 6.5.x ROMs?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: CleanRAM and 6.5.x ROMs

I haven't had that happen to me when I was on mightyROM FF. which level are you using?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

I have not had any of those issues. Been running medumhill for months (it is 6.5.x). Only thing I can think of is maybe it is not newest version of cleanram? It always works without probs for me but I have only tried it at level 2 and 3. It doesn't have any issues with manila 2.5 either. That being said, I don't think it works very well. It usually only saves me like 5mb even when I only have like 25mb free ram. I usually just softreset b/c that works so much better.

TMOUS HD2:
NAND: HyperDroid GBX
Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

sounds like a typical 6.5 rom, being run down to 25mb with nothing running. seriously where does it all go? we really need to work on solving that.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I was running it on MightyROM Full Force, I narrowed it down to be causing issues for me and got rid of it. My phone has been happier without it.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Using energy rom. 6.5 windows.... it did that till i updated the cleanram...
Go to cleanram config>menu>update>check for update>install
Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

alrite ill see if there is a new update im currently running version 2.2. it happened to me on full force, vins plutonium, and now on energy 6.5.x. maybe an update will help
Old 08-30-2010, 08:47 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ive been using CleanRam for quite some time now and it does help but sometimes it will wipe only 5mb out of 30mb that needs to be freed up. But ive never experienced any problems with it anything like youre experiencing. Are u performing a Task 29 before u flash roms. If not try that 1st and then flash the rom of your choice.Task 29 has solved some strange issues.
Yet other times CleanRam will clean up to 15mb?U could try to use BSB Ram Sweeper, but it does require Mortscript. So if Mortscript isnt already cooked into your rom then be sure to install Mortscript via cab before u install BSB Ram Sweeper. There is also a BSB Ram Sweeper settings configurator just like with CleanRam and CleanRam Configurator. Or u might try to play with the exceptions list in CleanRam 2.2. I place cprog in the exceptions list along with others depending on the rom. But your best option is just to Restart Sense. I think there is a cab for that or if u use CHT then Restart Sense is in CHT and can be placed on a tab. Hope this helps
Old 08-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yea its really weird because it has always worked for me on 6.5 ROMs but when i started using 6.5.x i started seeing the issue with the taskbar. it works really well for me actually, and i've had it drop almost 30 mb, especially when it is set up to close sense, run the clean, and then relaunch sense. i really liked it because with it i had NEVER had to reset my phone besides installing cabs. hopefully i can figure this out but thanks for the recomnedation i do already have mortscript installed for the overclocker so i might try that too
Old 08-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
yea its really weird because it has always worked for me on 6.5 ROMs but when i started using 6.5.x i started seeing the issue with the taskbar. it works really well for me actually, and i've had it drop almost 30 mb, especially when it is set up to close sense, run the clean, and then relaunch sense. i really liked it because with it i had NEVER had to reset my phone besides installing cabs. hopefully i can figure this out but thanks for the recomnedation i do already have mortscript installed for the overclocker so i might try that too
Could you please share your CleanRam settings? I tried a few things to try to close and restart Sense. Once it locked up the phone and the other time it rebooted. I'm at under 11 MB of storage memory and nothing I've tried has improved it yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP2 Memory.jpg (52.9 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2