PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CleanRAM and 6.5.x ROMs

works for me on 6.5.5 plutonium. you gotta set up to sense. lol it work work fine then even on level 3.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 09-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

took me a while but ended up finding that the problem was selecting 'close all applications' and 'launch start up apps' under advanced settings/gui. after unchecking both of those i can do level 3 cleanup again. with Sense chosen as the gui i get below 70% RAM usage everytime
Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

MrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good workMrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
took me a while but ended up finding that the problem was selecting 'close all applications' and 'launch start up apps' under advanced settings/gui. after unchecking both of those i can do level 3 cleanup again. with Sense chosen as the gui i get below 70% RAM usage everytime
could u post Screenshot

i'm using Sktools >_< FreeUPram just save 1-> 2mb T_T my ram > 70% (
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeOTP2 View Post
could u post Screenshot

i'm using Sktools >_< FreeUPram just save 1-> 2mb T_T my ram > 70% (
Just let me know what you need screenshots of and i'll post em (:
Old 09-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I recently discovered a problem with CleanRAM on my stock 6.5 ROM. I have it scheduled to run every morning at level 3 so that my Tilt 2 is fresh when I get up. I usually leave BT on so that the phone can automatically connect with my car stereo even though I don't drive much. I noticed that BT was not connecting even thought the BT icon was present in the Taskbar. When I tried to connect manually I would get the prompt telling me BT was not on and would I like to start it. I click yes and then get an error saying BT stack could not be started. Soft reset and all is fine. Apparently, CleanRAM is shutting off something related to BT when it runs. I tried setting it to Level 2 and then Level 1, but same result: BT will not start properly come morning. If I have to do a soft reset every morning then running CleanRAM on a schedule is of no value to me. Anyone else noticed this behavior?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
My TP2 is running the stock WM 6.5 with Sense 2.5 and CHT, and is currently overclocked to 729. Just checking Sense in cleanRAM and nothing else causes cleanRAM to hang. If I don't check anything, it runs fine and usually frees up a few MB.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
I recently discovered a problem with CleanRAM on my stock 6.5 ROM. I have it scheduled to run every morning at level 3 so that my Tilt 2 is fresh when I get up. I usually leave BT on so that the phone can automatically connect with my car stereo even though I don't drive much. I noticed that BT was not connecting even thought the BT icon was present in the Taskbar. When I tried to connect manually I would get the prompt telling me BT was not on and would I like to start it. I click yes and then get an error saying BT stack could not be started. Soft reset and all is fine. Apparently, CleanRAM is shutting off something related to BT when it runs. I tried setting it to Level 2 and then Level 1, but same result: BT will not start properly come morning. If I have to do a soft reset every morning then running CleanRAM on a schedule is of no value to me. Anyone else noticed this behavior?
i would try doing the same thing i did, uncheck 'close all applications' if you have it checked. i don't use bluetooth so i'm not sure what the issue causing it is, but i know the feeling....when i had to stop using it due to soft resets it made no sense to use the program /:
Old 09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
i would try doing the same thing i did, uncheck 'close all applications' if you have it checked. i don't use bluetooth so i'm not sure what the issue causing it is, but i know the feeling....when i had to stop using it due to soft resets it made no sense to use the program /:
I did that last night and set it to Level 1. This morning...still no BT. I'm guessing that CleanRAM is shutting down some process needed by BT, but not shutting down BT completely, which is why the BT icon remains in the Taskbar. I guess I'll no longer be using the scheduler anymore.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
I did that last night and set it to Level 1. This morning...still no BT. I'm guessing that CleanRAM is shutting down some process needed by BT, but not shutting down BT completely, which is why the BT icon remains in the Taskbar. I guess I'll no longer be using the scheduler anymore.
Have you checked for any bluetooth processes in the 'Exception List?' i see 'BTTrayCE.exe' in mine you might check that box as an exception so it doesn't clean it and see if that helps
Old 09-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My version of cleanRAM is 2.3 - works perfectly with 6.5 stock.

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2