PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Facebook App Acting up? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132349)

gr8one2113 08-26-2010 11:48 AM

Facebook App Acting up?

I am running an NRG rom on my TP2. I added a new friend in the Facebook App, then it started acting funny. App now shows all updates seemingly being sent to my newly added friend. check online and everything is normal. I wiped the device, reinstalled app, reverted to stock rom, flashed newer rom and it still does it. Is anyone else's Facebook app acting up? I'm stumped, personally.

Now anytime someone makes a post or update it looks the way a person to person, or wall post would look. But it's not. simply a status update. :-/

L21Matt 08-26-2010 12:09 PM

Re: Facebook App Acting up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8one2113 (Post 1924521)
I am running an NRG rom on my TP2. I added a new friend in the Facebook App, then it started acting funny. App now shows all updates seemingly being sent to my newly added friend. check online and everything is normal. I wiped the device, reinstalled app, reverted to stock rom, flashed newer rom and it still does it. Is anyone else's Facebook app acting up? I'm stumped, personally.

Now anytime someone makes a post or update it looks the way a person to person, or wall post would look. But it's not. simply a status update. :-/

I am having issues as well with facebook, (that app, not the tab on the home scroll) It logs in and all but I can't update or reply to peoples wall post. I tried installing the one from Marketplace but no go. Some of the buttons on the FB app say "Button 1" instead of login or whatever. lol. I noticed this with the 8/25 NRG cookie. I havent tried another rom to see if it was NRG or just the somewhat poor MS Facebook app.

gr8one2113 08-26-2010 12:36 PM

I have never had any issues with the nrg roms. everything has been working fine until the other day. i'm thinking they did something on their end...serverside or app server update. in my line of work, these updates that are supposed to make life easier seldom do. they just cause more problems. not broke? dont fix it people. excuse my poor typing. at the airport today.

encore18 08-26-2010 01:08 PM

Yes, i was having the same problem with the Aug 25th 6.5.x No CHT energy build. I got angry because i have been flashing a new energy rom for 3 Days straight now.

In the end i decided to give Sharkys rom a go last night. I am liking it so far so good.

ooxteme 08-26-2010 02:57 PM

sounds like another facebook side issue like earlier in the month to me

erockvr6 08-26-2010 03:15 PM

ya i have the same issue, the updates are as if its person to person, and the second person is always repeated,
i.e. Eric De Vault > John Smith: message
Mary Allen > John Smith: message
Greg Landing > John Smith: message

you get the point, not really annoying just odd.

eric12341 08-26-2010 04:53 PM

if it worsens we all know our tp2s are powerful enough to access the full site

mobileguy2108 08-26-2010 05:34 PM

I can confirm that I am having the same issue on the Sprint Lovers 6.5.x ROM from 7/23 - it started a few days ago. Definitely an issue on the server side, at least with Windows mobile phones as I've seen some reviews posted on the Marketplace app describing the same problem.

kaos 08-26-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erockvr6 (Post 1924800)
ya i have the same issue, the updates are as if its person to person, and the second person is always repeated,
i.e. Eric De Vault > John Smith: message
Mary Allen > John Smith: message
Greg Landing > John Smith: message

you get the point, not really annoying just odd.

confim same shit i got on vins plutonium cht dink icon august 20th. thought i was going mad. wtf facebook needs to get it together or roll out a fix or update...

machineking369 08-26-2010 09:19 PM

The facebook app has always given me problems. I just decided to use the website from now on.