PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   help w/ vibration on winmo 6.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132346)

Mojary 08-26-2010 11:09 AM

help w/ vibration on winmo 6.5

ok. so my tp2 was replaced and i picked up the replacement yesterday. the replacement had 6.5 installed on it. that's all well and good....but when i was playing with around with the device, i couldn't figure out how to turn off the vibrate whenever you use the on-screen keyboard. can somebody help me please? i did search the forum and google...but couldn't find the answer.

also, on the 6.1 i was able to go to the screen to let me know if the phone was new or a refurb...but for the life of me...i couldn't figure out this one either! please help on this too.

i tried to have them revert me back to the 6.1, but no dice. the repair guy told me that if i really wanted 6.1. im just so used to 6.1 because i knew where everything was without even thinking about it. but with 6.5...i can't even find the screen how to make my text smaller. the only thing i like on the 6.5 was the eye candy and the animated weather.

boredandtattooed 08-26-2010 01:13 PM

Re: help w/ vibration on winmo 6.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1924467)
ok. so my tp2 was replaced and i picked up the replacement yesterday. the replacement had 6.5 installed on it. that's all well and good....but when i was playing with around with the device, i couldn't figure out how to turn off the vibrate whenever you use the on-screen keyboard. can somebody help me please? i did search the forum and google...but couldn't find the answer.

also, on the 6.1 i was able to go to the screen to let me know if the phone was new or a refurb...but for the life of me...i couldn't figure out this one either! please help on this too.

i tried to have them revert me back to the 6.1, but no dice. the repair guy told me that if i really wanted 6.1. im just so used to 6.1 because i knew where everything was without even thinking about it. but with 6.5...i can't even find the screen how to make my text smaller. the only thing i like on the 6.5 was the eye candy and the animated weather.

start>settings>personal>input>tap options>turn off vibrate

##778# shows you refurb and manufacture date etc

start>settings>system>screen>text size -this is actually the same in 6.1 and 6.5

encore18 08-26-2010 01:15 PM

Re: help w/ vibration on winmo 6.5

Try ##778# Then a EPST menu will popup and Click view. There you will see the manufacturers date and if the phone is a refurb. As far as the feedback vibration look under settings/ touch flo, dont qoute me though its been a few since i played with the stock rom.

Mojary 08-29-2010 11:22 PM

Hi guys...thanks for the info. But for the vibrate...didn't find an option to turn off vibrate in the input options screen. Only have turn symbol lock/typing sound on & off toggle. But I did see via the ##778# that they gave me another new phone replacement!

Will hit thanks for you guys when I log into computer at work.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab