PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint said I drop phone in H20. I did not n fon is not working properly

I just got back from the Sprint store. I took it in because my phone is behaving erratic. It take a long time to boot and it is very unresponsive. I did a hard reset on this last week and now my phone takes a long time to boot up again.

The repair place said I got a red sticker and they said I had drop it in the water. I know I did not! The guy said "I did not say that". It could be condensation.

He give me a business card to file online or call Asurion.

What should I do now?

I never drop my phone in the water. Someone said to tape a paper over it to avoid it getting red.

I do pay the $7 insurance a month.

Do I have to pay deductable? This is my first time filling a claim with Asurion and I had them for a yr with this TP2. Usually my phone just died and they get me another one at the store with no deductable to pay.

Advice?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812
Re: Sprint said I drop phone in H20. I did not n fon is not working properly

take it to another repair center..a good one will at least take the phone apart and check the boards for liquid damage not just look at the sticker on the device...Sprint i believe can send u out a replacement phone too.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

i agree, the water detector on the tp2 is notorious for turning red from touching it with moist fingers when resetting. i would take it to another repair facility, or if there is only one in your area like there is mine, i would go back and demand them to look deeper into the phone.
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

i3ladeX is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to i3ladeX

Or you can call up Asurion and tell em your situation and pay that $100 to save time and effort..If you have $100 laying around neway and/or you are as lazy as I am. They mail you a replacement in like a day~
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

or you can call sprint CS and tell them that the repair center can't figure out why your phone is acting up. they may just send you a replacement phone since you are still under warranty.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work

No, I dont even want to pay the $100. I know I did not drop the phone in the water. Just go to another Sprint store? What should I tell them?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
No, I dont even want to pay the $100. I know I did not drop the phone in the water. Just go to another Sprint store? What should I tell them?
same thing you told the first one. Repeat as needed.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

My phone seems to be working fine now. After I post this, my phone works fine and it came to a crawl again. Then I figure out it was trying to poll the Yahoo pop3 every 30 mins and something it would just hang. It would not come on. Now I have to get rid of my pop3 for my Yahoo.

The next thing is, now my phone got the red strip on it. I have never drop it in the water! So what shall I do? Take it to another Sprint store in case my phone died this time and tell them I never drop it in the water? I just keep hopping from one store to the next?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have the same problem dude my indicator is red and i make sure to keep my tp2 away from water, but somehow the indicator still triggered on me i dont have a sprint store within 150+ miles! so my only option is to send it in to sprint for a replacement. if they say something about the indicator, ill explain to them i make sure not to take the tp2 near water and ask if they can take a closer look at the phone (at the other indicators)? that sounds like my only option besides asurion (last resort of course)
Old 08-04-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

mines did the same thing what i did i took the strip off the phone and replaced it with the one off the battery
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2