PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Need some help in switching rom flavours... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132292)

andsoitgoes 08-25-2010 01:10 PM

Need some help in switching rom flavours...

Hi all - I'm currently on MR 6.5 and I'm tired of my phone lagging behind!

I like all the fancy icons, but I've become simply unable to put up with the sheer lack of performance that it means.

I'm on Telus, and I'm wondering what the best 6.1 rom is, and maybe some tips on how to downgrade? Or is there something in-between 6.1 and 6.5 that will give me somewhat of an intersting look, but provide better performance?

Is the Windows Phone ROM like Windows 7 where it works, unlike Vista? ;)

I've just gotten so busy that I've missed out of months of stuff in the forums, so I appreciate ANY help y'all can give here...

Thanks!!

Nick

boredandtattooed 08-25-2010 02:04 PM

Re: Need some help in switching rom flavours...

Im liking Medium HIll right now, didnt have a ton of extras-which I didnt mind since I have all the cabs I need already..

youll also hear, MR. X, Mighty, NRG...

ERIC12343 has a 6.1 ROM hes always bragging about, you can find a link in most of his posts in the "best rom" threads.. I think his may be Sprint specific, but worth looking into..

There a Win Phone 7 ROM?? there was a VIsta Rom even??

andsoitgoes 08-25-2010 02:15 PM

Oh, I'm guessing this was my mistake:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579

I thought that was a WP rom. And I was just comparing WM6.5 and Windows Phone with Vista and Windows 7.

I was thinking of going back to MR's 6.1, I'll take a look back into the best roms thread.

My next, and I think the more important question for me, is do I need to downgrade anything to get the earlier roms to run? I didn't think I needed to, but it's been a long time and I'm a simpleton ;)

andsoitgoes 08-25-2010 02:40 PM

I'm having a tough time here. I've had problems finding Mighty's 6.1, and the one I found, blackout, doesn't seem to work properly with Telus.

If anyone has any suggestions with a look similar to what I've got with Mighty's 6.5 rom, but with the speed and a few less bells and whistles, and that works with Telus, I would be forever in your debt, forever. And ever.

gspitman 08-25-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1923421)
Im liking Medium HIll right now, didnt have a ton of extras-which I didnt mind since I have all the cabs I need already..

youll also hear, MR. X, Mighty, NRG...

ERIC12343 has a 6.1 ROM hes always bragging about, you can find a link in most of his posts in the "best rom" threads.. I think his may be Sprint specific, but worth looking into..

There a Win Phone 7 ROM?? there was a VIsta Rom even??

Wow... I asked the same question a week ago, and you went on a 2 hour rant...:protest:

andsoitgoes 08-25-2010 03:37 PM

whoa now. I don't think you asked the same question.

My question is: I can't function with my ROM, are there any fast 6.1 roms that I could easily downgrade to from 6.5 because I can't find a damn thing even through searching.

Yours was "What rom do you like, what are you running, why is it the best"

Yours was open for debate, mine was asking for help in a specific situation.

Now, I've looked through the thread a bit, but it seemed to go very violent... Do YOU have any suggestions you can assist with in the thread, maybe? :)

domoarigato 08-25-2010 03:42 PM

i have yet to find a rom that doesnt start lagging after a few weeks of use.

i went back to the stock 6.5 rom and im running SPB mobile shell, which has been good so far for me.

andsoitgoes 08-25-2010 03:47 PM

My main thing is that I need the stealth WiFi as I use that to tether my iPad, so it has to be a custom rom, otherwise I'd totally go back to stock, although Telus stock sucks hard...

gspitman 08-25-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andsoitgoes (Post 1923598)
whoa now. I don't think you asked the same question.

My question is: I can't function with my ROM, are there any fast 6.1 roms that I could easily downgrade to from 6.5 because I can't find a damn thing even through searching.

Yours was "What rom do you like, what are you running, why is it the best"

Yours was open for debate, mine was asking for help in a specific situation.

Now, I've looked through the thread a bit, but it seemed to go very violent... Do YOU have any suggestions you can assist with in the thread, maybe? :)

I haven't run 6.1 in forever... I'm still on MR X 6/18... seems to be the most stable 6.5/2.5 ROM that I've run.

andsoitgoes 08-25-2010 04:13 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B367 Safari/531.21.10)

Hmm, if it works for tells, I'll give that a try.

Do you have a link to the thread?